“Fantastic”

Ranked #2 of 10 Speciality Lodging in Derby
St Helens, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

What a lovely place, the apartment wad lovely just like a home from home, plenty room, everything you could possible need, secure parking and fantastic service. We recieved a welcome pack in our aprtment which was very nice and had the essentials very good idea. Everything was just do perfect. Very clean would recommend. The girls could borrow dvd to watch and get chocolate bars. Everything wad thought out. We had a fantastic break could have moved in it was lovely.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
LuxeApartments, Manager at Luxe Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, 12 October 2014

We pride ourselves in ensuring that your stay at LUXE feels like home from home and we are always grateful to hear that we have achieved our goal.

We look forward to you staying with us again next time you visit Derby

Lesley

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Spondon, null, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed here on the eve prior to my wedding and the ladies at the desk helped my bridesmaids and I so much. When they found out I was getting married the next day they went out of their way to make sure that we had the best stay and that my wedding morning was as calm as possible.
The apartment itself was gorgeous and I could quite easily live there myself. Everyone who came to drop flowers/do my hair/ makeup, also thought how beautiful it was and what a good idea to stay here instead of a hotel.
I wouldn't have stayed anywhere else because the apartments where perfect and I felt very safe!
Also price is brilliant and you are so close to town!
Thank you so much to the two ladies who helped me that weekend! You were stars and I hope to stay again!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Imogen C
Thank you for your kind review.

I am pleased that you found the service you received of a high standard as we feel that all our guests are family and want them to feel at home during their stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Luxe in the not too distant future.

Thank you again for your great review!

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

We stayed for 3 nights. We arrived on a Sunday afternoon.
Con - No one answered the buzzer or the doorbell despite the claim on their webpage that they have 24 hour reception. It was only because someone came out that my husband was able to get into the building and to the office. We were then told we could not check in until 3:00.
Pro - They did keep our luggage in the office until then.
Pro - The apartment was as others have said with a nice little welcome basket and almost everything you could need.
Con - It wasn't until we went to bed that I noticed there wasn't a clock in the bedroom and until the next morning when I noticed they had only provided one bath towel for two people. I got a second towel the next day and a clock could be provided but we never did figure out how to set it!
We were given one set of towels during our stay and were expected to dry them in the dryer or I guess in the winter you could turn on the towel rail to dry them. I hung them on either end of the towel rail and the cleaner hung them one on top of the other over the rail. :(
Con - The light over the shower did not work and was never repaired during our stay. It needed a new transformer and apparently the repairman could never get the part he needed during his work day. The extra light would have been appreciated.
Con - We used the washer/dryer the 2nd night we were there. We could not get the clothes to dry. :( The next morning I went to reception (they work 10:00 - 9:00) and got them to help me with the dryer cycle. This is a very slow process so....
Pro - They volunteered to hang our clothes outside on their line for us and folded them for my husband to pick up when he collected my suitcase that evening. They do not really like to keep your luggage for you but said they would not want me to have to spend the day dragging it around town with me. Much appreciated.
Con - Check in is at 3:00 and check out is out 10:00. I thought this was a bit bad as they provide a daily cleaning service we would have had to have been very messy for them not to get the unit ready before the next persons check in time of 3:00.
Pro - Good location for walking into town and to local pubs/restaurants. A secure place to stay with the garage and door only accessible via a code.
Con - First floor one story apartment faces 2 main roads and with no AC you will need the windows open in the warmer weather. This meant it could be very noisy at times with emergency vehicles driving by.
We would consider staying again although I would ask to book the other one bedroom apartment (there are only 2) which may be in a better location in the building.

Room Tip: I would ask for an upper floor apartment maybe facing the back.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Taupo, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

We stayed at the Luxe serviced apartments for two days this week and found it to be top class in all ways.Very clean and large rooms.Our apartment had all you needed including a washing machine / dryer which was a real bonus as on our UK holiday we needed laundry facilities
The price was very fare and the apartments are only a 5 minute walk into the city centre
I highly recommend to all

Room Tip: Consider these apartments You will not regret it
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Malcolm W

We are glad to hear that your stay here at LUXE Serviced Apartments was everything you expected it to be.

We pride ourselves in making your stay here at LUXE feel like home from home and we are always grateful to hear we have achieved our goal

We look forward to seeing you at LUXE next time you visit Derby.

Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

...matched by excellent service. Nothing seems too much trouble and Valerie and her team ensure everything is taken care of. Nice little touches like a small box of cornflakes, tea bags and milk means if you arrive late you don't have to worry about finding breakfast early. Well appointed, quality furniture, comfortable beds and very handy for Derby city centre. Add secure free parking and it's a no brainier why you should choose these apartments.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Surrey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

As a family we have often preferred serviced apartments to a standard hotel room. They provide more space and greater flexibility and can be much more cost effective.

This time, I was on my own but after previous bad experiences with single night hotel stays in Derby, I definitely needed somewhere better.

From my first telephone enquiry, I was impressed with the personal approach and very prompt response from Valerie, the owner of Luxe Apartments. She understood exactly what I needed and nothing was too much trouble.

I booked a 1 bedroom apartment for a single night but was able to check in a little early and leave the car safely parked for longer while fulfilling a professional commitment in the city.

The apartment was secure, well equipped and comfortable. Ideal for a professional needing a home base but it would have worked equally well for a couple and I gather children are made very welcome too.

The little extras - tea, coffee and fresh milk, fruit, sweets and biscuits if needed, shower gel, shampoo and a hairdryer - make it feel like home. Everything worked. Peace, quiet, safe parking, TV, broadband and a kettle. Bliss. I couldn't have asked for more and will be glad to return.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
LuxeApartments, Manager at Luxe Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear SpastruckSurrey

Thank you for your review of our apartments and for choosing to stay with us.

I am pleased that you found the customer service you received of a high standard and we are always looking to go that extra mile for our guests. I am delighted that you found our apartments well equipped and comfortable, they really are a home away from home.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Luxe in the not too distant future.

Thank you again for your great review!

Darren
Chennai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 weeks. Very quite and yet very walkable to the town centre. Apartment has fully furnished well maintained facilities. Very good and responsive staff. Have some good dvds to pick for watching. I would surely come back and stay here

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to review our luxury apartments.

I am pleased you found them to be in a quiet area and close enough to the City Centre.

I am glad you enjoyed our collection of DVD's these are very popular with our guests who prefer to stay in and enjoy the comfort of their apartment when they have had a long day at the office or just relaxing after a long day of sightseeing.

Darren