“Great Food!”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating
Derby
“Great Food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

We ate at this restaurant the other evening. The service was good although a little fragmented at times. The food was good quality stuff but what I'd say is that there's too much fish!

Yes, I know it's a 'fish' restaurant, but every starter was a fish dish - do people really want to eat fish for starter and fish for main? There is an option of steak for the main course.
I'm not really complaining about the food, the dishes I had were great, salmon starter and pan seared cod for main, cooked well with fresh ingredients. But, I think to appeal to a slightly wider audience (including veggies) a more varied menu would go down really well - think of all those Christmas parties that could be catered for - would they all want fish, fish, fish?

I'm a mushroom lover and would loved to have seen them on the starter menu.

I hope readers don't think I'm missing the point. I know La Costa Marina is a fish restaurant but I think by widening their menu, even just slightly, it would have greater appeal.

However, I'll say again that it was a very positive experience and I would recommend this restaurant to others.

• Visited September 2013
3 Thank Ruby98

Derby, United Kingdom
“Need to advertise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

Been here tonight for 1st time . Surroundings are very pleasant and relaxing .
Starters were very good although partner had seafood platter some of which were cold , I had scallops - beautiful !
For mains I had pan fried cod - there was loads of fish , very fresh and very filling . Partner had halibut also very fresh and filling although too much veg for him .
Service was very good , chef came out to speak to us and explain dishes , place was very quiet .
Hopefully they will advertise more as Derby needs a good fish restaurant and this could well be it . The waitress was extremely helpful and very pleasant .
We both hope this place takes off as its what Derby needs !

• Visited August 2013