“It Does Exactly What It Says On The Tin”

Premier Inn Derby East Hotel
Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Derby
Reviewed 4 April 2012

We love Premiere Inn because we know what we are getting and Derby East didn't let us down.
The ladies on reception were friendly and helpful; nothing was too much trouble and they were all happy to help. This was like a breath of fresh air after a long drive up from deep South..!!
We were on a whistle stop tour visiting friends in various places up North and Derby East was a good central location to travel out from. The family room was a great base for us - clean, tidy and comfortable. No complaints here guys.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Derby East Hotel

Reviewed 4 April 2012

Stayed in the family room and paid £34. Had two premier breakfast for £7.99 each and kids were free. Altogether, paid £50 and thought the stay was not bad. The room was clean and warm and pleasant. Breakfast was also good. It was a buffet - a little dissapointed that once hot food finished it took a while for them to bring a new batch out and also there were no seperate spoons for veg and non veg, there was one tongue to pick up bacon, and hash brown..Im a vegetarian. Apart from this everything else was good for the price I paid.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank seher r
Reviewed 2 April 2012

We stayed here because it was convient to the motor way. Hotel was up to the typical Premier Inn standard. It has a nice little bar/restaurant to the left of reception. The staff were very pleasant.
Had the continental breakfast in the morning which was lovely. Plenty of it. The cooked breakfast seemed to be on the slow side coming out, I saw one woman ask if she could order hers at least twice before any one came to her table.
Enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Just very consistent with the Premier Inn Brand. Good standard and helpful staff on check in.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 March 2012

The hotel is up to the usual high standard you would expect at a Premier Inn, a no fuss welcome, simple to book breakfast (either continental or full English) with a clean and warm room.
One minor point if booking, ask for a room at the front as the main road runs along the back of the hotel.
In all a good place to stay.

Room Tip: Get a room at the front, it will be quieter than the rear of the building.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 February 2012

This was my first stay at this particular premier inn, having stayed in many others over the years and I must say that my experience here was disappointing. On arrival I booked a table for evening meal and booked and paid for breakfast for the next two mornings The evening meal was ok, nothing special but adequate, but breakfast not so good.
I expected a breakfast self serve but was told by restaurant manager that that was only made available if there were 70 to 80 guests booked for breakfast. The food was bought to the table almost cold without the grilled tomatoes that we had ordered.They arrived on a separate plate later uncooked and also cold. The continental breakfast buffet table was not kept topped up and ran out of several items. I cancelled the breakfast for the next morning as I didn't wish to waste a further £15.98.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Dave C
Kelly L, Social Media at Premier Inn Derby East Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our breakfast service did not meet your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please be assured that the issues raised will be fully investigated. Thank you once again for your review.

Reviewed 18 January 2012

I travelled on business to Derby and decided to stay at the PI in Derby East. I got a good advance booking deal of £34 for the night I stayed and without fail the hotel exceeded my expectation based on the money I had paid to stay there. The location was convenient, the staff were knowledgeable, helpful, warm, welcoming and just great at all times especially the reception staff. The bed and pillows were really really comfortable - far far superior to the recent stay I made in a Travelodge - and the freeview box in the room gave a good range of telly options to watch! I ate both dinner and breakfast in the PI and was impressed with both. The range of food and the quality were excellent and the breakfast was fantastic as well as being great value for money. I will be heading to Derby again for work soon and I won't hesitate to stay here again and even if I paid more I'd still be happy to do so! Keep up the good work Premier inn!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business