“Usual high standard”

Premier Inn Derby East Hotel
Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Derby
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Clean and despite the nearby main road not too noisy even with window open. They had provided a decent fan but not needed. Good amount of parking - controlled by barriers.

Staff are excellent as was the breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Nicola H, Manager at Premier Inn Derby East Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review the Hotel. We appreciate your positive feedback which will be given to the staff. We are happy to hear that staff were excellent along with the breakfast. We hope to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

This hotel Is just amazing. Every single member of staff was so professional, friendly and approachable. The restaurant was really good - delicious food with a wide range of options. Service is good here too. The rooms are comfortable - particularly the beds and the pillows are the best ever! Great night's sleep. I was very impressed all round - this was my first stay at a Premier Inn - and I will definitely use this chain again. Great location too if you have a car - just ten mins away from Derby city centre.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank sambaliverbird

Thank you for your amazing review, your feedback will be passed onto the team at Derby East Premier Inn. We are very happy to hear that your stay exceeded expectations and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Some would have scored a poor night's sleep lower, but Premier Inns advertise they refund if you don't sleep well, and they offered as soon as I complained about the room and the altered invoice was in my inbox only 10 minutes later. Credit to them for doing what they say on the tin. The hotel rooms have thermostatic heating control but no aircon. I did wonder why there was a table fan left running when I arrived in my room at 6 pm. The window was open, but that is not unusual if a room needs airing. I switched the fan off and shut the window then went out for the evening with friends. I got back at 11 pm and initially attributed my warmth to food and drink, but by about 3 am I realised it wasn't just me and went to check the thermostat. 24 deg C. The control said there was no cooling facility. I opened the window despite the traffic noise, which was then drowned out to some extent by the fan which proved squeaky as it oscillated. When I got home my wife reminded me I could have switched off the oscillator mechanism, but you don't always think of every option at 4 in the morning. Even by the morning it was still 23 deg C. I heard other guests complain about the heat too. The bed itself, the room cleanliness and the breakfast were all well up to standard - I just hope they can either adjust the heating a bit more responsively when the weather warms up, or (a long-term option) install aircon in the rooms. But kudos for the helpful staff and the refund.

Room Tip: Ask about the temperature, and if they provide a squeaky fan, remember you can switch off the oscill...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Nicola H, Manager at Premier Inn Derby East Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

We appreciate that you took time to review your stay at our Hotel recently. We are sad to hear that heat was an issue during your stay but are happy to hear that the team members were helpful and our Good Night Guarantee was honoured. We hope this does not deter you from staying with Premier Inns in the future and look forward to hopefully welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Our second visit to this Premier Inn. The staff were welcoming and friendly, nothing was too much trouble for them. We ate dinner in the restaurant and both enjoyed our meals. Breakfast was also very good although I would suggest labelling the orange juice container as unlike the other juice containers this one was in a metal container so you couldn't see what was in it! The room was everything you expect from a Premier Inn, clean and functional with everything we needed. Good value for money.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel, we appreciate your feedback. We are happy to hear that you both enjoyed your meals. We have taken your feedback on board regarding the orange juice, and all team members have been coached on displaying the juice mats on the table so that guests can see what the containers again. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Usual value for money premier inn. Nice quiet location for our weekend stay with a young family and friends. Room nice and cool after a very hot day. Facing the road side but no view or road noise and all slept with the window open.

Hotel restaurant made our stay. Perfect. Small and quiet but great food and service

Would definitely stay again and recommend to anyone looking for a premier inn in derby. Our favourite derby premier inn by far!!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Nicola H, Manager at Premier Inn Derby East Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Thank you for leaving such lovely comments regarding our restaurant and Hotel, we really appreciate it. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you feel we are your most favourite Premier Inn in Derby. We hope and look forward to greeting you again soon.

Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

Upon arrival I was told about a table in reception with iced water as the weather was very hot, a nice & unexpected touch. Room nicely chilled. Staff very helpful, I walk with a stick & the young man checking me in offered to carry my bag to my room.

Stayed: May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. We are glad to hear that the staff were very helpful and welcoming on your arrival. The weather that weekend was beautiful and we hope you enjoyed it. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

This has to be the best value for money of any chain in the UK. Have no hesitation in recommending Premier Inn to any/all travellers. Whitbread can be proud of their budget hotel empire. Others don't come near.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your wonderful comment regarding Premier Inn as a company. We are very pleased with your views and hope we can welcome to back to our Hotel shortly.