“Nice and clean”

Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Derby
London
“Nice and clean”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

Stayed here for one night with the kids. Nice clean hotel and would recommmend.

Good easy check in. Free wife for 30 mins but paid £3 for a further 24 hours.

Good breakfast selection also. Kids desserts in the resturent are great at £2 each !

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Polish first
Newcastle Upon Tyne, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Holidayed in Brighton stayed in PI Nottingham on way down from Newcastle and picked Derby for half way stop on way home , what a diabolical mistake . Easy to get too/find. Nice big premier inn with old school bar and restaurant inside it which was so much better than the new two separate venues style. The old way is Definately better for the guest as it feels like a real hotel .
We booked our normal PI family room as have a 6 yr old and a 2 yr old . The food was good the rest / sleep was impossible.
So above us was a lad who was off out, he left at 10.30pm to go clubbing, we couldn't get kids to sleep for the pumping base vibrating through the floor we complained several times and staff asked the guy to turn it down which he did so it went from club to bar vibe in our room , started at 7.30pm-10.30pm when taxi took DJ master out for night. So sleep happened til 2.30am when the next lot of dancers returned looking for their mates so knocked on all doors repeatedly til he got a reply . Swear to allah and buddah ive never experienced a worse nights sleep or a less restful evening waiting for boombox to go out.
We love PI its our first choice normally and we are never normally disappointed , we were assured by the good night guarantee we would be refunded I'm sure we will but id rather pay, enjoy, relax and rest. Step it up Derby your sadly letting the chain down by not keeping clubbers and families separate.

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank TheCrackett-Bakers
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Derby East Hotel, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel did not meet your expectations. We are however, pleased to learn that you were refunded in line with our Good Night Guarantee. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Thank you once again for your review.
Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

No pub on the side as per the 'norm' premier inn. There's only a formal eating area and you have to be waited on with no option to eat anywhere else in the bar area. Very upmarket for a premier inn and to be honest if its a stop and rest after a days work or a large amount of travel its not really that great! Menu has only 3 vegie options and you can only order full meals.....no sandwiches, snacks or bar snacks so not really aimed at the pitch up and stop hotel goer!! Food was good when it came. Staff were pleasant and helpful. The room was clean and tiday, however all the floors creak and the walls are paper thin......not really a good night's stay or sleep

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Moton2
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Derby East Hotel, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we always strive to provide customers with a comfortable stay, and I apologise that on this occasion your stay was less than relaxing. Your experience was far below our usual high standards, but please be assured your comments have been noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at our hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.
Dereham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

This premier offered comfortable beds, good bathroom etc as usual. However, it also offered very friendly service from all staff and a very pleasant atmosphere. Stayed 3 nights and have no complaints about any of the time spent in the Inn.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Goodmanham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Arrived at 10.30pm, very nice, friendly, smiley check-in. Everything explained clearly. I asked if the room I was booked into was very quiet, the receptionist looked for another and changed it, no problem at all. Room basic, clean and functional. Bed very comfortable. Very good choice for breakfast, bacon cooked to perfection, no pink rubbery slices!! Requested poached eggs, no problem, again cooked to perfection. Restaurant very clean and service good. This was a business trip and my training venue is only 5 minutes from here, I could even park my car all day for free whilst on my training. All in all a very good premier inn experience!

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Regent S
West Sussex
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

We had booked this premier inn for 2 nights during the sale for a trip to alton towers. We arrived after 8pm on very windy wet Sunday. We received a very warm welcome at the desk and we're quickly given our key as we had checked in online. The clerk warned us as there was no air con the rooms could get hot and we could exchange our duvets for sheets. He said we would find a fan on and the window open. We made our way to the bedroom thinking that it was odd warning us of the heat when it had been no more than 18 °C during the day. Well we dropped off the bags and went back to the on site restaurant for a late dinner. We then came back to the room and went to bed. We had filled some 1L drinks bottles with the ice cold water available in reception before we went to bed which I had drunk by 4.30am. I then went down to reception to refill and the dispenser was empty so I went back to my room and felt the heat as I opened my bedroom door and went back. Despite not having my duvet on I struggled to get back to sleep due to the heat. We bought a bag of ice for the second night so we were prepared and slept better being able to top up on ice cold water through the night.

When I checked out I was asked how my stay was and I relayed the story as above but was not offered my money back despite the good night's sleep guarantee. I was just told sorry about that. I found that disappointing but I didn't want to cause a scene so left.

• Stayed August 2014
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

Me and my family staid for 2nights, had a lovely time food excellent. What stuck out for us though was how friendly the housekeeping staff were they went out their way to help. Lovely smiles and lots of engagement with not just me and my children , but whoever they came across.

It was a boiling hot day when we arrived, even though there was no air con they did their best to cool the room down which helped us no end. As we walked down to our room heir was 2 housekeepers straight away they spoked to the children and did so for a good few minutes.

My husband put the bags in the room and I carried on talking to them, I know one was called Amy and I think the other one was Debbie.

The next day we went for breakfast it was bloody lovely, Louise was very helpful , every time we saw the staff you get a big smile and a not forced good morning and when we came back from Alton towers the room was cleaned lovely and the kids teddies were under the duvet like they were in bed,(lovely touch).

The day we departed my kids were heartbroken they were leaving all the girls said goodbye and waved.

All the staff are a credit to you and you should be very proud of them.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family