Me, my partner plus another couple stayed at this hotel on 13th & 14th may 2012. We chose this hotel as it was the cheapest hotel closest to Alton Towers. On arrival everything seemed fine however room was very basic ( we have stayed in much better for less cost) On out first night we went for a meal in the restraunt next door. My partner ordered a Sunday roast and myself and 2 other friends ordered a hot sandwhich. When the food came my partner handed the Sunday roast straight back over to them as he couldnt bring himself to eat it. Food was very cold and wasnt worth the money.. next my friend also handed her sandwhich back as the bread wasnt fresh, it was yellow around the crust and very stale (other 2 sandwichs where the same). We couldnt believe that we had been handed food of such poor quality. The waitress who served us couldnt apologise enough and said they where having problems with the chef. They then brought out another meal for us (mixed grilled combo) and said she didnt want us to leave until we were happy. we were very satisfied after this as the meal was much better quality. The next 2days we went in for breakfast and couldnt fault the food everything was spot on apart from glasses and plates that looked like they hadnt been washed. Would reccomend the hotel as staff seemed friendly and rooms where clean but would definately not reccomend the reasraunt next door.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Get your history hat on at nearby Kedleston Hall or get your kicks with a day trip to Alton Towers ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Booking.com, Premier Inn and Priceline so you can book your Premier Inn Derby West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Derby West Hotel Derby
- Premier Inn Derby West Derbyshire