I overall had a nice stay in Derby West visiting Alton Towers with our 10 yr old & 6 yr old, we love to stay in a Premier inn.
First night check in very smooth and quick off to our room and slept very well. Breakfast in the morning is all you can eat and kids free, the hot cooked part of the breakfast you order,it is not help yourself but you can order as much as you want. Very Nice
That evening we ate in the bar as the restaurant was full. We ordered at 7.30pm starters came but then our main meal did not arrive until 8.45pm we had very tired children and one had fallen a sleep at the table. Very slow service.
On returning to our ground floor room at around 9.30pm our neighbours above were not as tired as us and what I can only describe as a child (I assume) running around the room until 10.30pm. At some point I got to sleep to be woken at 6.30pm by the noise again and when it woke my son I decided to complain. The reception staff were very nice and went to have a word but this made things worse. Our second nights sleep was not pleasant therefore premier inn true to their word refunded that evenings stay no problems.
I don't think I would stay at this Premier Inn again for the service in the bar & the rooms can be a little noisy if you have inconsiderate neighbours.
Premier Inn however is always my No 1 choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Get your history hat on at nearby Kedleston Hall or get your kicks with a day trip to Alton Towers ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline and Premier Inn so you can book your Premier Inn Derby West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Derby West Hotel Derby
- Premier Inn Derby West Derbyshire