The Clock Bistro
Ranked #17 of 619 Restaurants in Derby
Cuisines: Italian, British
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: A small friendly resturant that specialises in Italian and British food.
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Myself and family visited The Clock Bistro on Friday evening for my mother's retirement celebrations.From the moment we walked through the door all the staff were warm, friendly and went out of their way to provide amazing service. The food was seriously tasty I had scallops to start and my main was a special, king prawns in a Galliano sauce.....wow! I want it again! Everybody enjoyed their food just as much as I did. Fantastic evening out...great staff, fabulous food, exceptional value and all within strolling distance from home.

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Went here as a group of seven including two children.
I was supposed to be cooking a Sunday lunch but my oven broke Sunday morning and aren't I glad it did.
Popped over and they were accommodating and got us in.
From the moment we all got there, we felt so welcomed, the ambience is relaxed and the service extremely friendly.
The meat and Yorkshire puddings come out on your plate with gravy then various plates of additional vegetables and potatoes and extra gravy too.
The food was delicious, meat tender, roast potatoes crisp on the outside and fluffy on the inside, mash potato flavoursome and vegetables with a bit of crunch, not the boiled to death rubbish you endure at many places.
The wine list was extensive and competitively priced and our puddings were all finished off too.
I really could not fault it and I'm so excited to go back and try the normal menu, which appears varied and competitive.
Thanks for such a wonderful family lunch.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

went here with 17 friends on april 30th at lunchtime. the owner especially for us and what a fab time we had. all the food came out together, hot and tasty. all food is freshly cooked to order. the staff were excellent, brought me flowers and gave me a baileys. they sang happy birthday and decorated the cakes we took in. we have already booked our christmas meal we had such a good time. these lovely people also own the cafe on the precinct and this is also very good.

Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

We have been looking forward to trying out the new bistro in Spondon.
Just wish we had been before for this excellent food.
Called last minute for an early evening booking and wasn't a problem. Got there early and shown straight to our table. Wine list on the table although other drinks are available like pedigree, old speckled hen, Peroni, Stella.
Fresh warmed bread brought to the table and offered olives too which I had and were lovely. Lots of olives and the bread was very nice.
Starters came. scallops for me, bruschetta for the wife. Both were superb. Also another portion of warmed fresh bread offered and was gratefully received.
Mains: I had the trio of kebabs and the wife had chicken pollo a la creme.
Not even a slight hint of dryness in the chicken it was so moist and to die for. It was the same type of sauce as the scallops so would be a bit much if having them then the chicken pollo a la creme but this wasn't a problem.
The kebabs were lovely, chicken tikka lamb shish and a kofta type too.
We both had chips with our mains but there were far too many for us.
For the price of the meal with the drinks included I couldn't believe it. Very good.
They need to update the menu on their website as some items aren't on there and others have been added so a little out of date.
Great service and got busy but more staff were there to attend to customers.
Fantastic meal and would highly recommend.
Well worth 5 stars in my eyes.

1  Thank bbqkingderby
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Ended up here after a sudden change in plans, and how pleased we were that our plans got changed. The owner was delightful and very attentive, as were all the staff, we were provided with two bread bowls, and a large bowl of olives upon arrival. The food ordered was fresh and tasty and there was certainly enough to chose from off the menu. Sadly, the item I had in mind from having a quick peek on the website, wasn't actually on the menu, however there were plenty of other dishes to choose from. For two of us with 2 courses each and 3 glasses of wine between us, we paid less than £40.

2  Thank kellyhellen