“A birthday treat”

Ranked #9 of 634 Restaurants in Derby
Cuisines: Italian, British
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: A small friendly resturant that specialises in Italian and British food.
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Came here for a joint birthday meal, was impressed. It's a small restaurant but that gives it a friendly feel and it's very welcoming. There is a good selection of drinks available and while the menu is small it all looks excellent. Food is good, I had the pate followed by the Steak au Poivre. My steak was served on the medium side of medium-rare (I'm being quite picky there...) but was so tender it didn't really matter and the sauce was lovely. All finished with a firework style candle in a generous portion of cake (all portions are generous to be honest...)! All in all, a lovely small bistro, serving good food with friendly efficient service and at a reasonable price - I would certainly eat here again.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

An absolute amazing meal the food was the best I've eaten in ages!!!
Staff made us feel so welcome and they could not do enough for you defo worth the visit 10 out of 10

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Visited with friends (who live in Spondon and have eaten here since it opened) and had excellent meal. Hidden away in the shopping precinct you could easily miss it. Very cosy atmosphere and warm welcome. We hope to visit again.

1  Thank mackenzie_8
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We live in spondon and always had to go into Nottingham or Derby to get a decent meal. We were so pleased when we went to the Clock Bistro as the food was great and it on our doorstep.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

There were 12 to celebrate my Mothers 89th we had the most fantastic meals the owners and staff were all extremely helpful and the food was excellent, would definitely recommend this restaurant to all my friends whether it is for a celebration dinner or for Sunday lunch
Kathy