“Birthday Meal”
Review of Blacksmiths Loft

Blacksmiths Loft
Ranked #20 of 582 Restaurants in Derby
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Thatcham, United Kingdom
“Birthday Meal”
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

My sister brought me here for a birthday meal. The decor is simple and warm, and the initial welcome was friendly and happy. Our drink orders were taken quickly, and our amuse bouche was a delicious tomato gazpacho, with lovely home made bread and paprika and mustard butter. An amazing start- so tasty. The flavours were incredible.

To start I had the poached duck egg- oh. My. God. It was incredibly tasty, the yolk was perfect, just the right amount of chorizo and the asparagus was delicious. I tried some of my sister's fish starter- wow, absolutely superb.

I had the fillet of beef main- it ranks up there with the best steak I have ever eaten from France. The flavour was beautiful and it just melted in the mouth. The mash and mushrooms were absolutely stunning and complimented it perfectly. I recommend the fresh veg side to go with it- yum!

I had a strawberry cocktail, too, which was very tasty.

We were running out of time on the car at this point and went to pay, when we were told the chef was preparing a creme brûlée for us to share as a birthday treat- boy, am I glad we stayed for it. The raspberry creme brûlée is to die for. The custard is perfect, not flavoured with raspberries so not altered in that way- fresh raspberries at the bottom. Insanely delicious.

Everything is home made here, and created with real passion. I would like to make a special mention to the chef, who I am told was on his own today- you did a phenomenal job, and I adored every mouthful. Thank you for a perfect meal.

• Visited May 2014

notiingham
“Amazing food, best I have ever had!”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Tried this place after recommend by a friend and was amazed by the quality, presentation and attention to detail, best cooked beef I have ever had, real friendly staff and great romantic atmosphere, i would recommend to anyone who like quality food cooked to perfection. U can not wait to go again!

Derby, United Kingdom
“Good service, good food”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Visited on the seventh of June with my wife, first time we had been there. Service was impeccable and the food was top class. Best restaurant in Derby city centre.

Derby, United Kingdom
“Scrumptious!”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

This was my first visit to Blacksmith's Loft and I will definitely be visiting again very soon. It's clear that the chef and waiting staff place an importance on attention to detail and obviously have a great passion for serving yummy food. I had a difficult time deciding what to eat because all of the options sounded fantastic - I'll be going back to work my way through the menu that's for sure. Would recommend to everyone if you're looking for a welcoming environment with delicious food.

“Great everything”
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

What a lovely, intimate restaurant. From the moment we walked in we felt comfortable and well looked after. Friendly, helpful service from charming and attentive young staff. The food was beautifully presented and tasty. There was a very nice touch of a delicious, complimentary appetiser. Crisp white table linen, flowers and a tea light on the table added to our enjoyment. We couldn't fault anything and if we lived in Derby it would be our favourite local restaurant. The New Zealand sauvignon blanc was excellent and there was a delicious blend of flavours in everything we ate.

Visited June 2014