“A very special evening”

Price range: US$8 - US$38
Cuisines: British
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Derby's first specialist gin bar, Upstairs Lounge, 200 year old Candlelit cellar come and enjoy that special occasion at Rowley's. We have over 100 Gins to choose from. Whether it's a Great Cocktail a Cold Beer or a good glass of wine your looking for come and enjoy a first class experience. Situated between the Dolphin Pub and Derby Cathedral you will find Rowley's, we look forward to seeing you soon.
Reviewed 3 December 2015 via mobile

I recently visited Rowley's for a special occasion and opted for the taster menu with wine pairing. As each perfectly presented dish arrived at the table the knowledgeable staff talked us through each dish and the wine pairing, if you are a real foodie like me this is a real treat. The food was immaculately presented but more importantly was full of flavour and well balanced, enhanced further by the great wine pairings. We are very lucky to have this kind of fine dining available to us in Derby and I will without doubt return again, highly recommended!

Reviewed 26 November 2015

We were in town for a literature event and wanted a nice, intimate meal together before diving into the chaos of the convention atmosphere. So this was a special treat. We had already walked past once and the menu caught my husband's eye, so we decided to go in. We got there right at noon and had the entire place to ourselves. The staff were warm and welcoming and seemed genuinely delighted to have us there.

But the food! We had smoked partridge and venison tartare for starters, and both were exquisite. Delicately prepared and lavishly presented. For mains we both had the bouillabaisse, which was mouthwateringly delicious, followed by the apple doughnut and tonka bean panna cotta. The panna cotta had "popcorn foam", an amazing touch.

We had initially ordered cocktails, but there was a problem with the icemaker, so they weren't able to accommodate us. So we just ordered wine instead. It wasn't a problem for us at all, but they still decided not to charge us for the first two glasses. Superb service with a personal touch.

We're fans of the show HANNIBAL, and we always covet the ludicrously artistic dishes on display. Our afternoon at Rowley's was like actually getting to eat some of them.

Reviewed 23 November 2015

Attentive but discreet, professional but friendly, efficient but didn't rush us - Rowleys know how to deliver fantastic service and an excellent creative menu. We loved being taken into the conservatory area for pre-dinner drinks and canapes, and the small dining area provided an intimate atmosphere. We were well looked after from start to finish and the food lived up to all of our expectations. This was our first visit and we can't wait to return!

Reviewed 19 November 2015 via mobile

I recently visited Rowleys for my 40th Birthday. We opted for the taster menu with wine pairing, which was incredible. The food was simply stunning, each course not only tasted fantastic but also looked like a work of art. Jons knowledge of the wines really added to the experience, the wines really complimented each dish. The waiting on staff were knowledgeable, professional and very helpful throughout. On moving downstairs to the bar area we found the service in this area mirrored the service in the restaurant. You can really see the passion and commitment from all involved. I would highly recommend Rowleys for both an exceptional dining experience and also for a night in the bar with friends. We will definitely be returning.

Reviewed 10 November 2015

My husband and I visited Rowleys on Saturday evening. We have eaten here twice before whilst visiting Derby. On previous visits We have told friends how fabulous the food is. I don't think they quite believed how wonderful it is so we decided to take them with us. I would like to write something original about Rowleys, as every review I read always rates them very highly. However I have to follow the same route and just say simply outstanding. The food, the wine, the cocktails both alchohlic, and non alcholic are just the best we have ever tasted. The manager Jon, the waitress, Harry the barman with his amazing cocktails, and Ali the bar manager all made us so welcome with just the right amount of attention, never intrusive but always there with advice if we required it. It is obvious this is more than a job to them all, and we wish them continued success.

1  Thank Christopher S