“Amazing sushi!”

Cuisines: Sushi
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

We visited on a sat evening and what a lovely experience. The food was divine. The waitresses were very friendly and it was a lovely reminder of our japanese holiday some years ago. I could not fault it. Utterly fabulous! Thanks ebi sushi. I shall be back!

1  Thank lalalistic

Reviewed 1 May 2014

I went earlier this evening and was so impressed with the quality of food and service that I had to write a review.
I went with four friends, we shared a raw fish platter for a starter which had a wide variety of sashimi: there was sea bass, salmon, tuna, scallop, mackerel, prawn, sweet prawn, salmon roe, and a tuna roll cut into six (all raw fish). Really good for a sharer or if you simply want to sample a few things off the menu. I then has seaweed with sesame oil and tempura king prawns in soba noodle soup which was divine. Over all an excellent meal and not overly expensive. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Highly recommend if you're eager to try authentic Japanese cuisine.

2  Thank Isobel D
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Had a great meal and overall experience at Ebi Sushi in Derby. When we arrived we noticed that all of the other diners were Japanese (this changed later in the evening), surely a good sign. We started with miso soup followed closely by stunning platters of sashimi and sushi roll, together with a dish on soft shelled crab (yum!!), If this wasn't enough we then had another plate of crab and one of teriyaki chicken. All of this was washed down with Japanese beer and saki. The staff were very friendly and helpful. In hindsight we could have paced ourselves better, ordering fewer dishes at a time and so extending the experience further into the evening. Next time!

1  Thank TimR630092
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Me and my partner visited recently. Upon arriving we were very excited as it looked like a slice of Japan and additionally the people eating there were Japanese which means it's great. We enjoy sushi rolls and thought we would broaden our horizons. The menu had an English description but I did find it a bit confusing. We purchased a mixed starter of sushi it was all very fresh and presented lovely but as novices we should have stuck to sushi rolls, I must state the food was all perfect. For mains we had tempura and noodle soup which was yum! Price wise it wasn't cheap but I great experience.

1  Thank Lorraine D
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Just go and enjoy the best sushi I have had Nd so my mate who is married to a Japanese says so. So just don't take my word for it. Eat the best.

1  Thank PadiP