“Elevenses”
Review of The Docks Eatery - CLOSED

The Docks Eatery
Price range: US$3 - US$10
Reviewed 29 January 2018

I called in here with a friend last week just before lunch as my first choice cafe was too busy. We had a Cappuccino, Americano and a toasted teacake to share. There was a cheerful welcome, the coffee was good, the teacake delivered to the table with a smile was hot and soft. Add to that an attractive interior ... this place should be my first choice.
Just one adverse comment, why is the front door always closed? It make the place look less than welcoming.

3  Thank Souliz

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

I had the Smashed Avocado and it was delicious! Service with a smile and reasonably priced. Shame they’re not open on Sunday as it would be great for a lazy weekend.

2  Thank Thirteen7
Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

My third visit on Saturday and each time have not been disappointed. The soups are so delicious, they change daily and are always something different to your average tomato! My colleagues have been equally impressed by the other homemade menu items...it’s all a good price too. It’s slightly off the main drag and is easy to miss or else I would have been in a lot sooner. The staff are so friendly and chatty, a real pleasure. By evening it is the ‘hide burger bar’ which we’ll be trying soon.

4  Thank Ambassador750722
Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

We visit here often and it’s always been amazing , good tasty food at a good price. Oh and the chai latte are the best in derby , easily. The staff are always so lovely and friendly and the place just has a great vibe.
Definitely recommend the smashed avocado on Rye

3  Thank Cd9420
Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

I quite fancied the club sandwich off the main menu and what a delight it was. Really tasty, very filling and all served up in a relaxed café environment.

Would like to have had the chance to try the craft beers or wine with lunch but was sadly driving so couldn't partake. Maybe next time!

By night this place becomes Hide Burgers!

2  Thank RealHoltyboy