“Really enjoyable meal.”

Ranked #54 of 463 Restaurants in Swindon
Price range: US$24 - US$49
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: At the Thai Orchid we offer a great range of authentic Thai dishes, which truly bring out the flavours of eastern world. Our location in north Wiltshire means our customers travel from far and wide to enjoy Thai food cooked the proper way, with recipes handed down and refined from years of experience. Our ambience is relaxed, with our kindly, considered service perfectly complimenting our wish for all our guests to take delight in dining with us. Our Opening Hours: Monday - Saturday Noon - 2.30PM Evening - 6PM-11PM Sunday - sorry, we're closed.
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I visited Thai Orchid with a friend using a Groupon voucher. After reading some reviews I was a little apprehensive, it appeared that Groupon customers received inferior service reading the reviews.
Well, we were pleased that the opposite was in fact the case, the food was good quality and though the choice using the voucher limited, we thoroughly enjoyed our flavoursome dinner.
The mixed platter is not my ideal choice, it included a sesame chicken toast, mini spring roll and
b-b-q chicken portion that did nothing to showcase Thai cuisine. The main courses were limited but we had red beef curry, pork with chilli and coconut rice. All three were beautifully cooked, presented and packed with flavour. I guess if you eat stodge or big portions this might not suffice but it was sufficient and left me feeling comfortably fed. The after taste of spices was a reminder of the good food we enjoyed, would go back in a heartbeat, the full menu looks excellent.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Had a dinner with friends on Saturday night... Very nice thai food we had and the green curry is lush!!!!

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Enjoyed a delicious meal very attractively presented with friends. The service was attentive but not overbearing. Would recommend.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Food was delicious. However, Lunch menu said £8.99 per head 'All you can eat' (see picture of menu attached). However, our party of 4 ordered 2 extra starters as part of the menu and we were charged full price (£5.25 each) for the 2 starters.

When we complained to the waiter (who said he was the duty manager) he had no concept of what 'All you can eat' means and just repeated, '1 starter, 1 main, 1 rice per person'.

It's still a good deal but ensure you know exactly what you're paying for.

1  Thank juliew4
Anthony D, Public Relations Manager at Thai Orchid, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Hello Juliew4,

Thank you for taking time to write this review. I understand that some of the MENU details in which you are mentioning maybe worded incorrectly.

This is a matter I will look into getting rectified immediately, please do accept my apologies on my colleague not being able to resolve your issue at the time of your visit.

At your earliest opportunity please contact the restaurant and I will resolve a means to make sure you have a fantastic visit next time.

Again I thank you for bringing this to my attention and I hope you enjoyed the taste of the far east!

Kind Regards,

Anthony
PR Manager

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Booked to go for lunch yesterday (Monday 27th January), with our Groupon deal and I must say, the food and service was as it has always been. We did laugh, as we were the only ones, but hey, nice little restaurant, great food and nice experience, just a shame it was very cold in there, we had to keep our coats on and drink lots of tea.
We were impressed with the Groupon deal, mixed shared starter, enough food on there and tasty, chose the massaman chicken curry and egg fried rice, both very nice, hot and freshly made.
Really couldn't fault the food and the service, just go prepared with a coat, incase it is cold, however, this did not put us off and we will go back again.

Anthony D, Guest Relations Manager at Thai Orchid, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Hi TanjaBWiltshire_UK,

Thank you so much for writing a review for us.

I do apologise in the atmosphere on the time of your visit, since your last visit I have looked into your query and have rectified the issue in relation. If I was in your place I would want nothing more than to enjoy my food in the best atmosphere made possible! I cant bring the Thailand weather to the restaurant but I can assure you that the food will be closest you will be to.

I thank you again for your valued comments and hope to see you on your next visit.

Kind Regards,