Lowest prices for your stay
£64
Agoda.com
£55
Fully refundable before Thu, 2 May
No booking fees
All reviews macaroni happily stay again trouser press stratton pub mushrooms
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 March 2020

I stayed for two weeks whilst on business. The price for a single room and double was the same, so they gave me a double taking into account how long I was staying with them. The room was nice and spacious, plenty of storage space. Everything seemed recently refurbished in the last few years.

The staff were very friendly and always willing to help: they made me a packed lunch instead of breakfast because I requested it, they let my girlfriend stay over for a weekend with no hassle at all. They even changed the wifi for me so I could have more bandwidth to do my online tutoring.

Date of stay: March 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 16 November 2019

Nice food but my experience was ruined by the rudest bar man I’ve ever met. He was miserable and rude and when I asked another member of staff why he was so rude she replied he was hungry. Absolutely shocking customer service.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 September 2019

I chose The Crown Inn because of the low price which included breakfast. I was surprised and delighted to find that my room was in a purpose-built annex attached to the pub and with parking just outside my own door. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable with a good en-suite, television and tea-making facillities. Hotel was very well situated on the north side of Swindon with good access to exit roads.

Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed 17 May 2019

Alan made our experience very pleasant. The food was good and the rooms were great value for money. Saw this place on the hotel inspector from the other side of the world and looks like they have taken all the advice on board! We will be back over and over again!

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 April 2019 via mobile

Easy to find, ample free parking, cheerful welcome and quick easy check in. A great start.
The room price with breakfast is excellent value and obviously for the price you pay the rooms are not 5*.

However, the rooms are comfortable, clean and equipped with everything thing you need. En suite, tv, kettle etc. The bath was bigger than in most branded chains and everything worked which isn’t always the case in the branded chains.

Dinner and breakfast were served in the bar area and I found the food of good quality and portion size excellent. The availability was a bit annoying as my first two main course choices were not available however my third choice was rump of lamb with mash and veg and it was a great follow up to my whitebait starter.

The breakfast choices were a bit limited but I really did enjoy my full English and full marks for having marmite available. The coffee and orange juice were also very drinkable.

I liked this place for my one nighter and I can see why business people and contractors use it. Well done the staff and keep up the good work.

Date of stay: April 2019