“£23 well spent!”

Ranked #115 of 448 Restaurants in Swindon
Price range: US$13 - US$80
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Pear Tree at Purton is home to a 2 AA Rosette Conservatory Restaurant serving the very best of modern British cuisine. Join us for a special occasion or just a midweek treat.Open for Lunch and Dinner every day of the week.Lunch from £10 per person, dinner is now individually priced from £15 for a main course. Full Sunday lunch £23. Afternoon Tea £15 per person, bookings required.
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This was our first visit to this lovely, local hotel and restaurant although our friends have been there on several occasions. It is set in beautiful grounds and we enjoyed a leisurely Sunday lunch in the conservatory. Although there were a couple of large groups partaking of lunch at the same time as us there was plenty of space between us and them. The food was divine especially the dessert and the service was polite, friendly and efficient. It was well worth the £23 per person including coffee.

Alix Y, Manager at The Pear Tree, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

I'm delighted that you enjoyed your first meal with us. We're particularly proud of our £23 lunch option on a Sunday and lunch from £10 during the week so I'm really pleased you enjoyed it.
We hope to welcome you back again soon.
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Most was good till we sat down to eat! My name was down on the seating plan twice incorrectly and twce different! I'm vegetarian, which was met with horror when I told the waiter! I was offered soup instead as a starter, which never arrived! Main course I was given a side salad On a small plate consisting of rocket,5 slices of apple, and some diced spring onions and tomatoes! Appalling! My cousin sitting next to me gave me her small roast potatoes, as she thought my main meal was dreadful! I didn't want to cause a fuss in the middle of the wedding reception, so I emailed them today to voice my unhappiness! Their response was that it was basically my fault for not informing them earlier that I'm vegetarian!! I'm so shocked at their appalling response, and would certainly not recommend this establishment to anyone! Their attitude is that you are wrong and they are right in every way!! Not the best way to appeal to their prospective clientele!!
I left there very hungry, and no one ever asked if everything was ok!
I'm glad I didn't stay the night!!
Enough said!!!

5  Thank ValMayland

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on here. I was really concerned when I got your first email and spoke to the Bride & Groom as soon as they returned from honeymoon. I have followed up all of your concerns with them and they have assured me that they had a wonderful day and wouldn't hesitate to recommend us. The bride actually wrote the place cards and table plan so all I can suggest for that aspect is to speak directly to her?
Hotel manager

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Went there on Saturday 3 May - Met at the door and immediately made welcome, every course was exceptional could not fault anything - would definitely go again

1  Thank sgraham2014

Thank you for your review, we're really pleased that you enjoyed your lunch and hope to see you again soon. We serve lunch in the garden when it's sunny so that sounds like a perfect excuse to return!
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 27 April 2014

For that special occasion when you want to impress the Pear Tree hotel at Purton Wilts is a must fantastic food,wonderfull setting and the kind of service you would expect from a top Hotel.

Thank you for your lovely comments, we're so pleased you enjoy your visits to The Pear Tree and hope to see you again soon.
Alix

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Just perfect, The food, the staff, and the setting. 100% recommendation. Stay for three days, wish it could have been longer. Thoroughly deserves to 2 Red rosettes for food. A Gem.

Alix Y, Manager at The Pear Tree, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you for your lovely comments, we're so pleased you enjoyed the food and service during your stay and really hope to welcome you back again soon.
Kind regards