“All you can eat Chinese in Swindon? This is your place!”
Review of Swindon Rendezvous

Swindon Rendezvous
Ranked #73 of 468 Restaurants in Swindon
Price range: US$34 - US$47
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

I have been to two all-you-can-eat Chinese restaurants in Swindon, the first being Cosmos and the second being the Rendezvous. Cosmos was admittedly well over a year ago, but it did unfortunately give me food poisoning. This was prior to it closing temporarily for hygiene issues. As a result, I steered clear for a long time of other Chinese restaurants until my friend decided to have her 21st birthday meal here last week.

The staff could not have been more friendly and helpful and really made ordering off of what seemed a complex menu as easy as possible. We all chose our dishes and I had the chilli and garlic squid which was delicious. I did try some of the other food dishes and they were equally as nice. For £18 each (roughly) all you can eat, the food quality is above amazing and great value for money!

My only issue is them adding £2 on the bill for a "pudding" which was actually a small pot of ice cream that they brought out for my friend's birthday. Not one of us had asked for it and we all assumed it was a free gesture. That was a bit cheeky even if it was only £2.

All in all, one of the best Chinese restaurants in Swindon. Definitely give it a go!

Reviewed 13 July 2014

went out for a bite to eat with family and ended up here.
We had the all you can eat buffet,
we were shown our seats and then brought a menu to choose our food from, which was different to what I was used too.
( ie you normally go up and pick your food from hot plates that are normally dried out, or have been stood for some time )
We ordered our starters of which there was a large selection to choose from..., and within 5min, these were presented to our table Freashly cooked.
Our drinks were never left empty,
As soon as we finished our starters, we were shown again the menu to choose our main meals from, and as like the starters our main meal was on our table within 5mins.

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Not sure what the issue is with Rendezvous? The starters were absolutely superb, but when the mains came they were utterly bland. Chilli Shredded Beef with no flavour, bamboo and chestnuts stripped of taste, Singapore Fried Rice that had absolutely no hint of the Malayan archipelago in it whatsoever.

Real disappointment. I'm wondering whether the trick is just to have lots of starters?

1  Thank PeterOuld
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Top quality, eat all you can Chinese Restaurant. As usual we went overboard on the excellent range of starters. Had about 15 between the four of us. All of them were gorgeous. Little space left for the mains, but what we did have was equally as good. Consistently excellent and good value!

Reviewed 30 May 2014

All you can eat Chinese, but not buffet, all freshly cooked and served to the table, good servings, well cooked quality ingredients, efficient and friendly staff. been several times never disappointed. booking recommended. early bird before 19.00hrs Monday-Thursday £14.50 a head. table full of starters until you say enough, followed by duck rolls, then mains . warm hand towels after every course.