“A nice little hotel right in town” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Swandown Hotel

Swandown Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Swindon
Swandown Hotel
Ranked #16 of 44 Swindon B&B and Inns
Skegness, United Kingdom
“A nice little hotel right in town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

I had the smallest room in the hotel and no en-suite, but I am not complaining. What made up for it was the welcome, the breakfast and the location. There were some car parking spaces at the rear, although not enough for all. That said if you arrive after 6.0pm there is street parking until 10.0am next day.
A well run hotel right on Victoria Hill.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room avoid the front of the hotel which faces the road.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank addlethorpe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Amersham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

Stayed at Swandown as it is very convenient for our onward golfing trip. Our stay was very enjoyable and the proprietors were very welcoming and remembered our last stay. Once again the service is very good. Our breakfast was delightful and certainly built us up for our game of golf. Will certainly visit them again next year. Thanks Swandown.

Melvin

Room Tip: Speak to the proprietors about your requirements and they will advise accordingly.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
swandown, Owner at Swandown Hotel, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
Thank you for your kind review and we look forward to seeing you again when you visit Wiltshire or Swindon for your next golfing trip.
Swindon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013

I spent around 2 months in Swandown hotel, March-April 2013, so I had time enough to make a valuable oppinion. I enjoyed very much the breakfast, very tasty, the coffe, very good.
I had a very quiet room, a good bed, a comfortable matress and hot water more than I needed. The cleaning service was very good. But the most important was the warm attitude of landord and his wife who made me to feel welcome all the time. They helped me with a lot of good advices, very precious for someone new in town. I would say that the big advantage of Swandon hotel is the possibility to interact with people who run it and to feel like in a family, far away from that rigid and impersonal attitude showed by staff operating in famous but crowded hotels.
The position of the hotel is also an advantage. Very close to the old town, where there are a lot of nice restaurants to eat and spend free time in the evening, 10 minute walk away from railway station, 5-7 minute away form "the Parade", the core of shopping area in Swindon.
I recommend this hotel for everyone who want to have a pleasant accomodation in Swindon.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
swandown, Owner at Swandown Hotel, responded to this review, 22 May 2013
Thank you for your kind words and we are pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We wish you a pleasant stay in Swindon and hope to see you again. Kind regards.
Crawley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2013

Hello everyone. I stayed here from 14 to 18 Jan 2013. Checked out today AM. This was my first trip to Swindon. It was a short term work commitment for the Great Western Hospital. I am glad and grateful that they booked this B&B for my stay. The hotel is run by Steven , his wife Fiona and their son Justin. Very friendly and helpful family. They went out of their way to give me a hand. I have stayed in so many B&Bs , but this is the first ...for the best service. Right from the start when I entered to stay till the day , I left. I will remember these folks for a long time. This is the real deal. I stayed in a double room. Very comfortable , clean and quiet. The bed was comfy and sheets , pillows etc was of good standard. Bathroom was small sized but clean. Towels will not be changed till you request. There is this smell of breakfast all the time inside the premises. You can't escape this. I got used to it by mid-week. But my room was clean and sniffed ok. Only breakfast is provided in the morning between 7 to 9..strictly. Nothing after that. A 3 minute walk down the road.....you have plenty of restaurants. Indian, chinese , italian , kebabish's , pizza hut etc and a cash machine. One off license shop that sells basic stuff. Over all , this place is very good value for money , comfortable and just at the right place. And many thanks to Fiona for parking directions on the first evening. Thanks to Steven for helping me to move the car when it was snowed in. And thanks again to Steven & Justin for helping get out to the road today morning. See you lovely people, soon.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012

We were attending a wedding at Stanton House in July and stayed here for one night. There are a number of hotels in Swindon but we like small hotels and didn't fancy staying in a big chain. The hotel is quite small, between the old and new town but easy to find. We stayed in a double room which was simple but clean and good value for the price paid (we got a deal online) and it had all the normal mod cons - flat screen, kettle, wifi, freeview and a power shower. The building itself is a sort of Victorian terraced building. We didn't spend too long in the hotel but did manage to make it down for breakfast the next day before checking out. The owner served us a full English and was very friendly and he gave us some helpful directions before we left.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Essex
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2012

Due to a family bereavement and the service being held in Swindon, I had the task of looking for rooms to accommodate various family members, some for one night and others for two, all with different needs to include vegetarian breakfast for some, a quad room for 4 adults, a double room which would accommodate a travel cot, a twin and an extra double. All of this and not costing the earth.

I found that the Swandown Hotel ticked all the boxes.

The hotel is located on a busy road and within a few minutes walk from various restaurants which meant that we could leave the cars in the hotel parking area.

The rooms were basic but clean with plenty of hot water, which was all we required. The breakfast was very good with a choice of cereal followed by various choices of cooked food.

The owners were very friendly and did everything they could to ensure that our stay was as comfortable as possible. Thanks.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Herne Bay, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2012

We stayed for one night when our son moved to Swindon for his one year university placement in Industry at Intel. Very friendly service, comfortable room, good breakfast which my husband enjoyed but I did not have any because was upset about saying goodbye to our son. Will come here again when we come and visit our son again which I hope won't be long. Hope to be able to sample the breakfast next time.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family