“Cheap n cheerful ”

Ranked #15 of 45 Swindon B&B and Inns
Cornwall
“Cheap n cheerful ”
Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

Ideal as contractors accommodation, big room, ensuite, friendly, helpful staff, right in the centre of town.
Rooms need a bit of tlc, but it's budget hotel, so don't expect too much.

Would I stay here again, for work, yes, with the family, probably not.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank bolderz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 January 2014

We used Swandown Hotel many times for business bookings while working in Swindon, Stephen was lovely, always really helpful to accommodate as many contractors as we needed and always really friendly

Prices are great and nothing but great reviews from anyone who has stayed there

I will definitely use this b&b again

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
swandown, Owner at Swandown Hotel, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Thank you for your kind review. We are very pleased that your staff enjoyed their stay with us for the past few weeks. We look forward to seeing them again if they are working in the Swindon area. Thank you for your kind support. Stephen & Fiona.
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

A friend booked my week stay in Swandown. Thanks to Steve and Fiona for their warm welcome and wonderful complimentary breakfasts served daily between 7 & 9. The rooms are neatly maintained though the wash room is quite small. The location is an added advantage quite close to the Town centre and bus stop. I would recommend stay if you wish a calm lovely stay in swindon.

• Stayed June 2013
swandown, Owner at Swandown Hotel, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Thank you for your positive review and we look forward to seeing you again in the future. Stephen
London
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I stopped off here with a friend on the way from London to Cardiff to play golf. The price was excellent - ~£52 for a twin room including a delicious breakfast. Slept very soundly and it's only a short walk to either the town centre or the old town with its lovely bars and restaurants. Great service and hospitality, thanks.

Room Tip: twin room 18 was very quiet
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Salford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We stayed at Swandown Hotel for 3 nights this August and it was perfect for us and our 2 young kids. Our room had recently been refurbished to a high standard. The owners made us very welcome and cooked a superb breakfast for us each morning. It's in a great location being walking distance to the town centre. The shopping outlet and Steam Museum are only a few minutes drive away too. On the recommendation of the owners we visited the White Horse, which was superb. I would recommend this hotel to others and we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
swandown, Manager at Swandown Hotel, responded to this review, 30 August 2013
Thank you for your review and we are pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing your family in the near future if you are travelling to the Swindon & Cotswold area again.
Swindon
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I had to unfortunately stay in this miserable "hotel" for a night,and that was more than enough. When I first phoned the hotel to book a room I was greeted by a man with a "yeah ello" when I asked if it was the swandown hotel I heard the phone being wrestled from his grip and then a response from an oriental woman in pigeon English telling me I had the right hotel- not a great start. When I arrived it was hardly a warm welcome by the little orientlal lady,I think if I'd have asked her to smile she'd have charged me extra. And then on to the "room" or should I say broom cupboard,old tired,dirty,smelled like an old people's home and as for the bed spread and soft furnishings,they looked like they'd been stolen from a seventies sitcom. I was told on arrival that vacating time was 10am,fair enough but not for this woman. Bang bang on my door-not knocking but thumping "up please,time to get up" and "you must get up now" I looked at my watch it was 9.30 wft??? I didn't ask for an alarm call and if I did I wouldn't expect that behaviour,she did do me a favour though because I couldn't get out of there quick enough. I can't believe the good reviews on here,unless its changed hands since may

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
swandown, Manager at Swandown Hotel, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
Thank you for your review sir, but we have no record of you staying with us. We are not part of a large hotel chain - instead, we are a small family hotel which aims to offer personal, comfortable and friendly accommodation at affordable prices, to customers of all nationalities or professions.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I stayed here for nearly two weeks due to work. Really good location, especially for the old town. Which is a great place.
The rooms and hotel in general, is very clean.
The owners are really lovely, always smiling and very helpful.
the breakfast is great. will be back working here soon, and will defiantly come back.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
swandown, Owner at Swandown Hotel, responded to this review, 24 August 2013
Thank you for your kind words and we look forward to your continued stay in the coming week.