“these with chinese dishes and have never had that before. Cucumber And Tomato In a Chinese Stir Fry?”
Review of Connies

Connies
Ranked #163 of 478 Restaurants in Swindon
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 26 August 2017

First time we've had a takeaway from Connies.. Chosen because it has a 5 star hygiene rating.

Plus points, Very tasty rice, nice sauce on the veg, Friendly efficient service.

Neg points - I was looking forward to the spring roll, think it's the worst I have ever had. It looked as if it had been fried in batter (maybe not) and was slimy inside and I couldn't eat it. Tomato and cucumber in with my vegetables spoiled it for me

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

I have ordered from here for many years on and off and I must say my last order was the best so far it left me wanting more.. As a vegetarian that cannot eat garlic this can be a pain but Connie as always accommodated my needs and fussyness.. huge portions a couple of silly errors but nothing to complain about.. they got my beancurd in black bean sauce bang on .. gonna order again this wk.

Reviewed 2 July 2017

Chicken curry was bland and tasteless. The sauce to the curry had a green tinge and jelly like consistency. The "fried rice" was not fried, it was boiled with added omelet. The "Crispy" chilli beef was soggy and not even down to the sauce as this was provided in a separate container. Also, there was no "chilli", the sauce was sweet and sour. The positives, the meats used were average quality. Maybe they were really really busy this evening.

1  Thank foodmonkey2222
Reviewed 20 June 2017

We took advantage of the £15 all you eat offer. We ordered lots of starters all of which were good, a middle course and main course. We had two pints of Cobra beer which was spot on. All this for under £40 for two people. Next time we are down here we will visit here.

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

Really disappointed for so many reasons...
Starters were over cooked. Took more than 1 hour from ordering to receiving the main courses and the six dishes came to the table one at a time (last being the noodles and rice). The duck tasted poor and the cashew were stale. The beef black bean was not great and the rice had zero flavour (tasted like it was straight from a packet). We cancelled the sixth dish as based on the other dishes it was going to be waste of food. Went home tired, hungry and shocked.