“Lunch”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: The Bank is set over two floors. The first floor is a lounge and bar area leading to a roof terrace where can enjoy a enclosed area to drink. Its great as its off the street and private. The second floor is a for lively area with a boutique club with some great sounds and DJ's entertaining you. We are a late venue with a 3am licence. please come in and enjoy your evening with friends and enjoy your evening. We are a smart casual place with a strict entry policy as we want all of our guests to enjoy the evening. Everyone is welcome in this bar.
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Went for lunch with my young daughter. Great menu for children. New and improved main menu. Always good service.

There are newer reviews for The Bank

Reviewed 14 February 2014

Husband and I ate here for valentine's meal after seeing the menu which looked very appetising. Sadly we're very disappointed! Had the salmon shared starter- lots of brown meat, soggy bread and cheap prawns. Husband had lamb for main, more fat than meat and v v pink. I had the steak, very nice but veg had clearly been cooked in microwave. Dessert however was v nice, very surprised considering rest of meal. Red wine served in cheap glasses and was still cold. As for service was ok but appreciate they were very busy . Overall I would sum it up as disappointing meal which we got changed a fortune for.

1  Thank K1_swindon
Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

Early dinner for two choosing the build a burger and we couldn't fault it. Service was efficient and our waitress very helpful. We'll definitely return.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

I arranged my wife's surprise birthday party at The Old Bank in Old Town Swindon. It could not have been better. The staff were amazing! They arranged everything with great enthusiasm. Even offering to put up any banners, balloons, etc we wanted.
On the night, they made every effort to ensure we were happy. The buffet food was fresh and tasty. The DJ was provided with plenty of bar staff, so there was no long queues.
As it was a Saturday night, the agreement was we could have the whole top floor to the party until 9.30pm, but before letting others onto the floor, the manager came up at around 10pm to ask us politely, if it was ok! I thought that was a great touch.
Will definitely be arranging other events here.
Thank you to all at The Old Bank!

Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

I love this place. Great food, great service and great cocktails. I had a suprise party here and the food and atmosphere was fantastic. I would highly recommend.