“Nice time”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: The Bank is set over two floors. The first floor is a lounge and bar area leading to a roof terrace where can enjoy a enclosed area to drink. Its great as its off the street and private. The second floor is a for lively area with a boutique club with some great sounds and DJ's entertaining you. We are a late venue with a 3am licence. please come in and enjoy your evening with friends and enjoy your evening. We are a smart casual place with a strict entry policy as we want all of our guests to enjoy the evening. Everyone is welcome in this bar.
Reviewed 20 May 2014

A nice meal out in the heart of Old Town. Many restaurants to choose from though.
Food quality is okay, the service is okay and the location is good.
The restaurant is ideal for couples and business functions.

1  Thank sibrown1900

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Made a late reservation and stopped by with my mum for a girls night out-we weren't disappointed! The £10 menu had some excellent choices (Mum had the lasagna which she said was very good), but I had the salmon and prawn tagliatelle. What is remarkable is that I usually struggle to find dishes that either don't contain ingredients I can't eat or can be adapted. In this case, the waitress told me exactly what was in it and reassured me since the chef makes it fresh each time, only the ingredients I can eat would be put in. It was delicious and so nice not to worry about being taken ill half way through and having the evening ruined! Top marks to the chef and waitress! House Pinot Grigio also an excellent wine perfect to accompany our meal. Look forward to going again and I urge all of you to give this place a try-in all the years I have been coming here I have never had food that isn't good.

1  Thank Pse42
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Top quality ingredients in breakfast and well cooked.

It is slow yes but that's probably because everything is cooked fresh.

Does lack atmosphere a bit during the day

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Very accommodating phoned and reserved a booth friendly helpful staff lovely live sax music playing polite door staff parents enjoyed the experience first night out in old town can even get a taxi on the doorstep back home went to bakers street came straight back to old bank for cocktails lovely evening will definitely be going back thank you

Reviewed 10 April 2014

A lively gem of Old Town Swindon, great food and incredibly friendly staff! followed by a buzzing bar on the floors above! definitely the only place I would choose if I wander into Swindon for food and fun!!