Jurys Inn Swindon
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
The Crown Inn(Swindon)
1,739 results
All reviewscar parktown centrenational holidayscosta coffeetrain stationcoach tripcentral locationsingle bedbusiness tripgood sizebusiness hotelreception staffbuffet breakfastcomfortable bedevening mealpleasant stayexcellent stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Stayed for one night last week whilest attending a family function in Swindon. Clean room, clean bed, nice reception and bar area. Just as good as any other Jurys anywhere in my opinion.

Room Tip: Stay at the back lot of traffic at front
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 April 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night as part of an Omega trip to Highclere Castle (downton Abbey fame) The room was fabulous - large, immaculate, and a great bathroom. we were there as part of two tour groups so approximately 100 people. At the same time there were I believe at least another 4 coach loads of people so I guess at least 300 people staying on the Friday night. We were told on arriving at 5.50p.m that we had to be down for dinner at 6.30pm. I tried to get this changed but were told that was not possible because they had so many people booked in for dinner that it had to be done in sittings. When I got down there I could see why. This hotel dos not have a large enough dining area to cope with the number of bedrooms available. The food was reasonably good but having given our order for starter, main course and desert the waitresses proceeded to emerge from the kitchen and wonder among the tables and ask what you were waiting for. There were no numbers on the tables so whilst they knew, for example, they had orders for 30 fish pies they had no idea which customers had ordered them. consequently my husband finished his main course before mine arrived. Also I have never known a restaurant to serve pate without any toast!! We were then told we had to be down for our breakfast at 7.00am (we were on holiday and not leaving for windsor until 9.30am) It was fortunate we did get there at 7.00am because the restaurant was heaving . we grabbed a table and the food was good. However others in our party didn't get there until 7:45 a.m when the hotel ran out of bacon and they had sent to the shops for more. They were told it would be 20 minutes before they could expect to get any. Surely since the hotel knew how many were sleeping there they must have known in advance how many would want breakfast? The staff did try very hard to make our stay good and it seems a shame that with a little bit better organisation this hotel could be very good

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Nice rooms, good customer service, nice breakfast, excellent value for money.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 March 2012

A good value hotel with really good customer service. On a number of occasions I had special request for the staff, all were effectively managed and delivered. A lovely breakfast. A good place to stay in Swindon Town Centre. Would stay again.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights with work - had previously stayed in the Travelodge a few doors up which was not a good experience.
This hotel was in a good location for me - could walk into Swindon centre in 10 mins where needed to be. Parking was on site and managed to park fine for the 2 days.

Room was very comfortable and the standard you would expect from Jurys Inn. Comfy bed, black out curtains, good ac and nice shower with quality supplies and plenty of towels.

Breakfast was average I would say but what you expect from chain buffets! Had one evening meal in the hotel which although would say was overpriced it was nice food.

Only reason I mark down slightly is for the lack of facilities. In fairness I was not expecting these as knew from website were none but just feel for the money charged something could have been provided - even if a coupon for the local council pool! I'm not much of a drinker and there was sporting events on the TVs in the bar so not much for me to do in the evenings.

Room Tip: Would not say it mattered as all rooms are the same and soundproofed from what I noticed.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business