“Overall good stay... But wifi access is confusing”
Review of Jurys Inn Swindon

Jurys Inn Swindon
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Swindon
GreenLeadersGold level
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Overall good stay... But wifi access is confusing”
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I've stayed at jury's inn a few times now on business working in Swindon and overall I enjoyed being there.

The rooms were clean, comfy and spacious. Had all the facilities I needed apart from the iron, but one is delivered upon request. Plug sockets are a bit lacking and are in awkward positions (I need my phone right next it me to wake me up in the mornings) and cables sometime would not reach where I needed them to.

Food was of a satisfactory standard, not the best (a burger I had literally fell apart when I picked it up and became a bit messy) but certainly not the worst.

Majority of staff are friendly and extremely helpful and I was always greeted in the mornings. However, one of the receptionists in the evenings (tall lad , blond hair) needs to smile more and act less sarcastic and that he wants to be there.

Also, wifi access was awkward. Included in my booking, I expected access upon arrival, only to be told once to pay £10 for 24 hours! After then stating it should be included in my booking by my agent, I was then given a code which only allowed 24 hour access.

Apart from awkward wifi access and the one staff member, I definitely recommend jury's inn as the place to stay for business and leisure. A jewel in an otherwise elephant-dung-esque of a town!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Craigpfc93

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
Totnes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 December 2013

It's a Jurys, it is convenient, rooms are basic but clean. Service was friendly enough, but they clearly don't read customer booking forms, and ignore requests,

For the money it was fine and the weekend checkout time is generous.

Would I stay again? Probably not, it's an old building, the lobby looks good, but the rooms are dated. With prices and amenities similar to a Premier Inn, I'd probably choose the latter.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Paul C, General Manager at Jurys Inn Swindon, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review "Quinonostante". I am glad you found the staff friendly and the public areas to be in good condition. I welcome the opportunity to speak with you regarding potential issues had with requests. We routinely get requests both in advance of arrival or whilst in house and where possible we will always attempt to facilitate requests. If you found requests were not acknowledged, I am eager to resolve this. Whilst the hotel will be celebrating its 5th Birthday in 2014 we continually re-evaluate the product to ensure that our rooms and public areas are maintained to a high standard. Again I welcome the opportunity to discuss you views on how we can improve the overall guest experience. Please do not hesitate to contact me at paul_clifford@jurysinns.com if this is something you feel would interest you. I would also like to take this opportunity to wish you a Merry Christmas. Kind regards, Paul C.
Falmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 December 2013

There's not much to like about being sent to Swindon. It's not a pretty town. But I like the Jurys Inn and, as someone who stays in Holiday Inn and Premier Inn a fair bit, I think it ranks pretty highly amongst big chain hotels. It's very handy for the railway station, which is good because my train was delayed by about three hours by signaling problems in - yes - Swindon. I crawled into reception at 11.30pm and was grateful to fall into bed. The breakfast bar was of a high standard with lots of choice from hot porridge, meats and cheeses, breads, toast and pastries, hot buffet and endless hot drinks. But no trays. Couldn't find a tray anywhere. So I had to get my porridge, go back for my tea and a cup, go back again for some milk... sigh! Please supply some trays! The room was clean and comfortable, spacious and nicely decorated with a clean, sparkling en suite. I ate in the restaurant on my second night and was surprised and pleased by just how good it was. I had a seafood linguine and cheese and bics to follow. The prices were reasonable and the food was really delicious. So, all in all, if your company books you in to Jurys Inn Swindon, you'll be ok. You'll have a comfortable night's sleep, a hearty breakfast and a decent dinner (if you're staying more than one night). I really disagree with other reviews that this is an average chain hotel - I think it punches above its weight in that category.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room as the hotel is on a corner. I got a room on a high floor and it was fine.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank OutAndAbout40
Thank you taking the time to leave a review "OutAndAbout40". I am glad you had an enjoyable stay at the hotel. Considerable time and effort is spent ensuring the guest journey is a positive one and I am happy to see you had a positive experience at check in, with your room and in our food and beverage outlets. We decided to remove trays from breakfast allowing for a more informal and relaxed environment but we do have trays available on request which the team should have advised. I'm confident we can get this right for your return visit. Once again thank you for the positive feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Swindon. Let me also take this opportunity to wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas. Kind regards, Paul.
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 December 2013

The worst Christmas party ever (apart from the company of my work colleagues). On arriving at the hotel, as a party of 70, we were told that they had booked another party to share the room and 8 of our guests would have to sit in a separate dining area downstairs !!!! The Manager would not move the other party of 10 in order that we could all be together - a great start - probably one of the most unprofessional and unhelpful Managers I have ever met, but he did offer 2 free bottles of wine (between 70 of us!). The food was cold, overcooked and tasteless and half of our party had finished eating before the other half were even served. There was only one barman serving all night which made buying a drink a good 30 minutes or longer and if you wanted beer he had to go downstairs to get it! Hats off to the disco, they actually made our night. Also a great lack of parking - only about 4 of our party managed to get a parking space. All in all a terrible experience and not a place I would recommend to anyone planning their next Christmas party - steer clear and book somewhere else, in my opinion.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank holeinonelamer
Thank you taking the time to leave a review "holeinonelamer". I am sorry to hear you were left disappointed following your recent party night. We have received raving reports regarding our party nights and it is regrettable this was not experienced on your night. I am currently liaising with your party organiser regarding the issues experienced. We had expected 60 guests on the night and as such were restricted in how we could accommodate the additional volume. Please do not hesitate to contact me at paul_clifford@jurysinns.com and I will be more than happy to offer an update once I have finished discussions with your party organiser. I would like to take this opportunity to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year.
Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

I've stay in this hotel, a holiday inn by express and a ramada encore in the last few weeks on business, this was easily the best. An excellent location, close to town but not too close. Very clean and lovely looking inside. The only thing that let the hotel down was the restaurant food wasn't the best but the bar food was of a good standard strangely, breakfast was lovely.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
uk
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I dont agree with the top reviews here. The facilities are average, the rooms average, clean and functional (clean is good) free wifi is always a plus but the chaos of the parking situation (car park full use overflow..how am i supposed to know where ) and also the check in is a lottery makes the first impression poor. Ate in the restaurant and probably won't again. Service ok but food distinctly average (steak was a very generous medium). This place is ok if you know what to expect, perhaps my expectations are set too high.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
staffordshire
Reviewed 9 December 2013

The hotel is very well placed if visiting the area. Firstly the reception is clean and pleasant ,the staff on reception were cheerful and helpful. The rooms were spotless and well equipped I have stayed in more expensive hotels than this and this one matches these and more.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends