I don't usually write reviews of this type of hotel. You know - once in a while you need to make an overnight stay somewhere so you check online for an offer from one of the chains. All you expect is efficient staff, clean rooms and a good nights sleep. This looked good for a Saturday night visiting a relative in hospital, breakfast was included and we had never stayed in a Jury's Inn before. In fact the staff were friendly and efficient and the breakfast was fine [that's why 2 stars instead of none]. I would tend to overlook a problem once as I am not a whinger but we had 3. We ate in the Restaurant - I have no idea how good the food was as it was so hot it burnt my mouth [there were 4 of us and all the food - starters and mains - was too hot to eat - I guess they heat from chilled in a microwave - they must have got the setting wrong]. As I said we are not whingers so apart from laughingly mentioning it to the waitress we never said anything - it's a one off isn't it?. Then we got to bed and within 10 minutes of turning the light off realised that the toilet was running. I had a look and it pretty obviously needed a plumber. Rang reception and they were efficient and checked it realised they could not fix it and had us in another room in 10 minutes. When we got up and went down to breakfast the room would not lock. We just took our valuables with us and hoped that no-one would steal our case of dirty washing [we did not want to make any more fuss]. Maybe it was just an unfortunate set of circumstances and we would give Jury's Inn another chance if we ever need to because the staff were good but I thought I would review it as nothing like this has ever happened to us before.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jurys Inn Swindon offers an ideal city centre location, just a short 8 minute walk from Swindon train station. The hotel is conveniently located within 10 minute drive/ 14 minute bus ride from the Windmill Hill Business Park for those visiting on business, and within an easy 5 minute walk of The Brunel Swindon shopping centre and Wyvern Theatre for leisure guests. Jurys Inn Swindon is within a short walking distance to a variety of restaurants, cafes, bars and local pubs. The hotel features an all day Costa Coffee bar and a stylish onsite bar to relax in after an eventful day in the city. You can enjoy a great selection of seasonal food and drink in our trendy restaurant which is open from 6:30am to 10:00am for breakfast and 6:00pm to 10:00pm for dinner. If you are arriving by car you can avail of the Multi-storey Car Park between Princes Street and Islington Street, a short 4 minute walk from the hotel. Our comfortable and stylish bedrooms can accommodate up to 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children. All bedrooms are furnished with large soft beds, spacious bathrooms with complimentary toiletries, a hair dryer, a flat screen TV with Freeview, and Free WiFi. Guests who book direct with us enjoy free Premium WiFi, best price guarantee, no booking fees and also earn points and get rewards with our loyalty programme, Jurys Rewards. Enjoy a warm welcome, comfortable bedrooms, seasonal menus and a memorable visit to Swindon with Jurys Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotelopia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia and Priceline so you can book your Jurys Inn Swindon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jurys Inn Swindon Hotel Swindon
- Jurys Inn Swindon Wiltshire