“Staff full of cheer!!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Buckingham, United Kingdom
“Staff full of cheer!!”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Stayed with the Jury's Inn for 7 nights on business and found my stay was very good. The highlight of the hotel was the cheerful and hard working staff! There was a large group of us all staying here from the same company and they really made our stay. Reception staff were always happy and full of banter and the staff at the bar and restaurant were funny too!
The rooms were perfect for what we needed them for, and even though I ended up in a disabled access room I appreciated the spaciousness.
The food was mediocre due to the lack of menu choices - when you've been there all week you'll never want to see a chip again!! However the quality of the meals was always good (just be careful what you go for!)

Room Tip: Go for a disabled suite if you don't mind not having a bath!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Jurys Inn is a chain hotel and feels like one, so if you're looking for a personal touch it's not to be found here. I tend to prefer character hotels, so in some ways I'd rate this "Average" - but to some people this is going to be preferred and and very good value. In an ideal world, I'd give it a 3.5.

The suite was very clean and recently updated, the towels were thick and soft, and there were extra pillows to be had. If I were a business traveler, I think I'd rate this very well.

However, it is a practical place to stay, not a romantic or atmospheric one.

Room Tip: I'd ask for a back room next time. The beeping of the crosswalk on Fleming definitely woke us.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
London
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Poor value for money
TV not working
Food in bar awful ( marinated chicken wings deep fried with chilli sauce dripped over some of them)
Area around bar didn't look like it had been swept or washed for ages
Family room booked but only cups etc for 2 people
Double sheet folded in half on bed sofa bed
An additional £10 per head for breakfast makes it £73 and this is apparently an offer price (sic)
With the closure of the Menzies Hotel opposite, perhaps they feel they don't need to try anymore.
Definitely be giving this place a miss in future.

Stayed March 2014
North York Moors National Park, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Not sure how people have rated this place so highly, I always try to provide a fair review and really can't say that the hotel is better than average. My reception was ok, checked into room which was quite large, basic, clean but lifeless, it had no character, purely practical which was fine.
I dined at the hotel, my two course set meal was £18, last night I dined at a beautiful 4 star hotel in Chelsea for £2 more and food was significantly better. The food was nonetheless good so would have no hesitation in recommending if away on business. There was free wifi, which was a credit.
For those train travellers the station was a 2 minute taxi ride for £4.
I really can't say anymore about the hotel, it did what it says on the tin but no more.

Nottingham
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I regularly stay at jury's inn. I work in Swindon and usually have a couple of nights over so jury's has always been my first choice. I have accommodation booked through my companies travel agency.
Over the three years I have been staying and have always found jury's to be great for the price. The accommodation is clean, tidy and consistently good. The rooms are pleasant and a great size.
The staff are this hotels greatest asset Olivia, who I now see is a supervisor has a customer service second to none, she is engaging and friendly whilst maintaining excellent professionalism. Jessica who was working on the bar tonight is also really friendly and nothing seems too much trouble. You should be really proud of your staff because after a really hard and tiring day at work they always make me feel welcome and you feel they are genuinely pleased to see you.
I can highly recommend jury's inn Swindon whether the stay is business or pleasure. I work in hospitality so know how demanding the job can be.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the building these are slightly quieter than the front ones.
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 March 2014

It’s a couple of years since I last stayed at the Jurys Inn in Swindon and since I had given it a five-star review then, I had no hesitation in choosing it again. Except for one thing on my first night, everything was to the same high standard. My room was a good size - indeed there was a double bed and a single bed which is great if there are three of you.- simply but elegantly decorated and furnished and the ensuite also was a reasonable size. The hotel was clean throughout. One of the reasons I had wanted to stay at Jurys was to have dinner in the restaurant again. The menu is not huge but is perfectly adequate and has some mouth-watering choices. I went for the pan fried sea bass fillet, crab and prawn linguine and chive cream sauce. It was absolutely delicious. Next to the restaurant there is a lovely bar which stays open late and has Sky sports TV. Breakfast was a good buffet and again I was impressed at how the items on the hot trays were regularly turned or replaced to prevent them becoming stale. It is expensive at £20 but half that price if you book it with the room. As before, all the staff in the hotel were very friendly and helpful. Despite a very comfortable bed, I didn’t have a good night’s sleep on my first night, being disturbed by the traffic on Fleming Way from 5am onwards. However, when I asked for a change of room to the back of the hotel for my second night, the receptionist was very apologetic and changed my room immediately and I enjoyed a good night’s sleep.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I stayed for a long weekend. The bed sheets were filthy, the bar staff and cleaning staff were very kind however the night manager was rude and unprofessional. I am not the usual type to complain but I will NEVER be staying in a Jury's Inn hotel again! Not for business or social… Holiday Inn or Premier in is much cheaper with better service, trained staff and the rooms are not of much different quality. The bed was not a double bed; I was cramped and had been overcharged for the service I received.

Room Tip: Holiday Inn or Premier Inn is much better value for money! Swindon's night manager needs trainin...