“What a joke”

Jurys Inn Swindon
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Swindon
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

This is the 3rd time that I have stayed here in less than 3 months, and each time it has been a bad experience. The hotel is of good quality, but the restaurant is awful, the food is either burnt or has no flavour! I especially liked it when the waitress asked if I would like my chicken cooked rare, medium or well done! And there is always a delay! To top it off there was no iron available for 2 hours, this is not service!

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank rigsandpepp
Catriona D, General Manager at Jurys Inn Swindon, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear rigsandpepp

Thank you for speaking with me this morning regarding your stay with us.

Again I would like to apologise for where we failed to meet expectations, I know the team here will ensure such issues do not repeat.

I have already allocated you a room for your next visit, which will have an ironing board and iron in your room, and in addition to this we will be investing to purchase irons and ironing so all our rooms will be equipped with this facility by the end of the year.

Often our restaurant does get extremely busy however I have also spoken to my reception team to ensure this is communicated to all our guests on arrival so reservations can be made should guests wish. I certainly will ensure additional training is provided to our new employees ahead of service with our guests to eliminate problems that your experienced reoccurring.

Finally if you need anything further during your future stays with us, please drop me an email and I personally will look after your reservation.

Kind regards,

Catriona_delaney@jurysinns.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,679)

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stayed for a couple of nights recently with family. The rooms were of an excellent standard, clean and spacious. We found the hotel to be very well situated as we wanted to visit Bath and Oxford ( about an hour from both). The staff were very welcoming and helpful, even though the hotel was extremely busy on this particular weekend. Lovely weekend and would not hesitate to use this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank 155elaine
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Having spent quite a lot of nights in the Jury Inn Swindon would like to comment on the staff at this hotel.
Always friendly and willing to help, a special thanks to Sally and Lynne who work in the breakfast restaurant, two lovely ladies

George

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank george w
Reviewed 16 July 2014

For the price, £148 per night it was very overpriced and not what you'd expect. I have paid £80 and less for much nicer accommodation.

Bad Points
- The shower head was covered in lime scale and there was long brown hairs left in the bath and on the shower curtain from the previous occupant.

- The restaurant menu was very limited, and fairly expensive, the restaurant was always very empty, perhaps this is the reason why.

-The members of staff serving us were forgetful. We had to wait 30 minutes for 1 pudding, we reminded the member of staff twice about it.

-The walls are quite thin and sound travels, I was able to hear the occupant in the room next door every time he had to use the toilet..not a nice sound at 6am

Minor Point - The ceiling in the restaurant had clearly been re-painted in patches, although it isn't a major problem, for £148 you'd expect the paint to at least match.

Good Points - The bed was very comfy and the bedding was clean.
-Staff were attentive (after the pudding mishap) and apologised for any errors.
-The lobby is very well decorated and inviting. Quick check in/check out

All in all, I'd rate it 5/10. Plenty of room for improvement, but not one of the worst hotels I've been in.

Room Tip: I was in room 728 which has an ice and cold water machine next to it, you was able to hear when peop...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Catriona D, General Manager at Jurys Inn Swindon, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Samantha.

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor after your recent visit.

I was disappointed to read that not all aspects of your stay was to our normal high standard and for this I apologise.

I have already spoken to my Head Chef and my Food and Beverage Manager regarding your comments, as we do have specials prepared each day and these specials should have been advised to you when you were seated in the restaurant. 30 minutes is not the normal time wait for desserts and again my sincere apologies for this.

We do also regularly deep clean our Shower heads however we are in the process currently of redoing them which will be completed this weekend.

I was delighted you found our bedrooms to be comfortable and clean and I know my Housekeeping Manager will also be delighted with this feedback as she reviews TripAvisor daily.

If you are coming back to Jurys Inn Swindon in the future please drop me an email and I personally will look after your reservation.

Warn regards,

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We only stayed one night on Jury's Inn 21st Anniversary special, but were treated as if paying a good deal more. Right from our initial contact at reception we felt welcome and valued. Excellent facilities too including a spotless room to sleep in. Highly recommended

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Graham K
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed in this hotel for a 2 night short break. The rooms were spacious, modern and clean with large windows giving panoramic views over Swindon. A very convenient location for the town centre and for the railway station. We would have no hesitation staying here again and would recommend it to others whether for business or leisure.

Room Tip: The higher floors appear to avoid any traffic noise from below. We were on the 8th floor!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MelvynCrich
Catriona D, General Manager at Jurys Inn Swindon, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear MelvynCrich.

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on TripAdvisor after your recent visit.

We are delighted that you selected to stay with us and of course that you enjoyed your experience so much.

On behalf of the team here, may I extend our sincere thanks for taking the time to share your kind comments about Jurys Inn Swindon.

We very much look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again to Swindon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 10 July 2014

As with all Jury's Inns I have encountered, the hotel was modern, clean and comfortable.

The free wifi is good too and a welcome bonus compared to some other hotels.

The surrounding area of the hotel (the town centre basically) did not have many attractive options in terms if eating out, so I ate in the hotel bar. The menu was not the greatest, but the burger I ordered was very tasty and was a big portion.

The staff were helpful and friendly too.

The one gripe would be the charge for parking. I appreciate it is in the town centre, but these added charges soon mount up, and make a reasonable room rate, somewhat less attractive.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Catriona D, General Manager at Jurys Inn Swindon, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Tone09.

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to read your comments and I will ensure all the team are aware also.

We do normally receive positive feedback regarding our menu selection, however should you wish for something specific, our team of Chefs are more than willing to prepare a meal of your choice, should you be returning please just ask.

As being a City Centre Hotel we do charge £6.00 for 24 hours for our car park and also have discount prices should our car park be full at Whalebridge car park.

I do hope to welcome you back to Jurys Inn in the not so distant future.

Warm regards,