“Breakfast was a let down”
Review of Jurys Inn Swindon

Jurys Inn Swindon
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Swindon
GreenLeadersGold level
Portsmouth. UK
“Breakfast was a let down”
Reviewed 7 December 2010

All the staff were friendly and helpful, rooms were basic and there is additional charges for Internet and car parking.
We stayed two nights and breakfast was the let down, no white bread on saturday morning and no butter on sunday morning. The hot food was topped up and not replaced so there was no control on temprature etc. Very poor for Jury's

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Heathrow_Manager, General Manager at Jurys Inn Swindon, responded to this review, 8 December 2010
Dear TripAdvisor,

Thank you for taking the time to provide me with feedback on your recent stay here at Jurys Inn Swindon. I was disappointed to read of the issues you faced at breakfast during your visit and I would welcome the opportunity to discuss these further. May I assure you that this is not indicative of the high standards we work to here at Jurys Inn Swindon and I will ensure that your comments are passed on to all of the team members on duty during your stay. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused as a result and I look forward to speaking to you soon; please note that I have also responded to your email sent to the Hotel with regards to the same. My contact email is andy_gray@jurysinns.com.

Kind regards,

Andy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
stoke-on-trent
Reviewed 6 December 2010

Stayed in Jurys inn hotels a few times, this was disappointing mainly because of the food. We were on a break with Bakers Coach tour and there was a few other coach companys staying there too. This hotel only had a basic evening meal with hardly any choice and food was not hot, only 1 desssert available (Gateaux which I do not eat) I asked if they had any other choice only to be told no, also hot drinks not available with the meal!. Breakfast was just a joke, the hotel dining area is not big enough to cope with all the coaches, especially when they are all leaving the hotel around about the same time and so everyone is down for breakfast at the same time. This hotel is ok for probably buisness trips but not for coach trips or people who need evening meals

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
Dear TripAdvisor,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay here at Jurys Inn Swindon and please accept my apologies for the poor standards of service you received during your stay. As you correctly note there was a high volume of Group business within the hotel during your visit and whilst every effort is made to allocate sitting times to each Group there are those who do not wish to follow this method and this places an extra burden upon the staff on duty. The dinner menu is indeed a reduced package from our larger menu and is a one which we use for large parties such as yours as using the regular menu would not be sustainable. We make every effort to work with the travel company to ensure that all guests’ needs are met Whilst I make no attempt to justify the service you received I hope that you can appreciate that we did everything possible to ensure that your stay was as enjoyable – unfortunately on this occasion it appears that we fell short of your standards and for this again I apologise.

If you would like to discuss this matter further please contact me direct at andy_gray@jurysinns.com.

Kind regards,

Andy
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 November 2010

This hotel is located within walking distance of the train station, town centre and football ground. The front office staff were very friendly and welcoming, rooms were modern and very well equipped for a 3 star hotel, tea and coffee tray, hair dryer , trouser press and
flat screen tv.
Breakfast was good with excellent choice of both hot and cold options.
Overall a very nice experiance..

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
London
Reviewed 13 November 2010

I recently stayed at Jury's Inn on a girls' weekend to do a spot of Christmas shopping in Swindon. I can't speak highly enough of the hotel's staff, who were incredibly helpful in answering all our queries, nor the rooms themselves - which were modern and comfortable. After a rather later start on the Sunday, we had lunch in the bar and I defy anyone not to enjoy the Chilli Con Carne. There is a nice terrace area adjacent to the bar which I can imagine is great in summer. Such a shame we didn't really have the weather to get out and enjoy this space on our trip. I'd definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a comfortable pit-stop in the heart of Swindon.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kat33London
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 November 2010

I was recently sent on a business trip to Swindon and if I'm honest was hesitant about staying in this hotel. I guess this was down to it being considered lower end?

All I can say is that my stay (like the subject title suggests)...exceeded all expectations! The hotel was fantastic and would suggest that anyone on business in Swindon gives serious consideration to staying in this hotel.

Reception staff when I arrived were great...very friendly and couldn't be more helpful. Lady on reception clearly enjoyed her job - very unusual these days!! I also had the chance to have a bite to eat in the bar. Bar tender and Irish manager who was overseeing the service exceptional. Again clearly enjoyed their job and I must say pleasure to see in this day and age.

Rooms were clean, tidy and what you would expect. Again it's not the ritz but then again I would rather stay in a hotel where the service is genuine! It was genuine here!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank sueparker1001
stoke-on-trent
Reviewed 11 October 2010

Stayed here for one night before my young daughter performed in a show at the wyvern theatre. Less than 5mins walk from the theatre and other town centre amenities. The staff couldn't have been more helpful upon arrival, we checked to see if the room was available early and didn’t get the usual rooms not available but a good response and a just short wait while they checked. The room soon became available and we got escorted to the room to ensure everything was ok for us. The room was of a good size with flat TV and decent shower/bath, the beds are comfy and the air con is easy to use. Plenty of towels for all the family, and hand wash/shower gel were supplied in large dispensers. The only letdown in any way was the noise from the roads; even with the windows closed you could hear the cars driving up and down all night. I think if we ever go to Swindon again I would ask for a room on the other side of the hotel away from the road. The breakfast was a little pricey £8.50 but the choice was good and the staff wasn’t strict on how much you had. £5 for a days parking may seem a little expensive to some but I was told it was much more than that by other parents. Apart from that you couldn’t ask for much more from this hotel, clean comfy and welcoming.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 September 2010

Having tried several other hotels in Swindon on business trips and found them wanting in various areas, mainly customer service, I decided to give the Jury's Inn a go.

I normally stay in Marriot/Holiday Inn/Hilton hotels, so choosing the Jury's Inn was unusual for me. However, I was very pleasantly surprised and ended up using the hotel for around 3 months whilst I was working in Swindon.

On arrival the check-in staff were always very friendly and polite and quick to solve any problems (not that there were many) which occured.

The bar and resturant staff were equally friendly and polite, with quick service the norm, with a few occasions when there were delays (which later got explained due to chef/staff illness).

The bar and resturant areas are very clean and a decent place to spend time outside your room if you've got work to do or don't want to venture out into town.

The rooms were all very clean and were decorated to a high standard (better than most Marriot/Hilton/Holiday Inn's) I've been to (and I've been to a lot!). The only niggle was with some of the rooms which had ajoining doors, sound tended to come through these quite easily which wasn't normally a problem. On one occasion I had one of these rooms and was woken by the sound of the person in the ajoining room snoring!! Fortunately, they only stayed a single night.

Overall one of the best hotels I've stayed in for a business trip, more so given its price per night.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business