“A lovely place to stay.”

Jessamine Cottage Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 45 Swindon B&B and Inns
bristol
“A lovely place to stay.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

We chose Jessamine Cottage because it was within walking distance of the Arts Theatre and the old town. It was an excellent choice. Winston made us most welcome with tea and biscuits before showing us to our twin room. The room provided very comfortable beds and some nice touches such as complimentary chocolate bars and a ( very) mini fridge in which we could put a jug of fresh milk. The shower was hot and the whole place was spotlessly clean. Winston was a mine of information both about the history of the house and local places to eat and drink ( real ale ) The breakfast was lovely I had scrambled egg and smoked salmon while my husband indulged in a beautifully cooked and presented full English. Again there were lovely touches such as home made preserves including a Sues very delicious lemon curd . We will certainly book again next time we are in Swindon.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
WinstonandSue, Owner at Jessamine Cottage Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
Hi there,

So glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Sue's lemon curd and raspberry jam are going down a storm at the moment. VisitWilshire who give us our 4 star Silver rating and Breakfast award provided a course at Lucknam Park Cookery School. Sue is putting into practice what we were shown there at Jessamine Cottage. If you come again there is Granola too.

Winston and Sue

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

From the moment we arrived we felt welcome and at ease - Winston has a really easy way about him that's quite welcoming.

The room was well equipped and the beds really comfortable you're guarnteed a good night's sleep.

Breakfast is good and tasty and Sue's home made lemon curd is just smashing !

I've no doubt that we'll visit again

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
WinstonandSue, Manager at Jessamine Cottage Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
Hi IanBrady,

Glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that the lemon curd went down so well and you had a great night's sleep.

Hope to see you again.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

We had such fun talking to you and having dinner and breakfast in your dining-room.
It was a pleasure and a gourmet-event!
Ther room was very comfortable and offers everything one needs to enjoy one's stay.
Big hug and see you soon in Swindon!

Room Tip: Gourmet-Dinner!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Hi there,

So glad you enjoyed being with us and were so complimentary about the food.. We only occasionally do Dinner Parties but it is so nice to hear that it all went down well.

Saffron Walden, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

This is a great place to stay. My wife and I were made to feel most welcome and the service was excellent. Nothing was too much trouble and we greatly appreciated the kindnesses of our host. We would heartily recommend Jessamine Cottage to anyone looking for a B and B in Swindon.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Philip S
WinstonandSue, Owner at Jessamine Cottage Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Hi Philip S

Thank you for your great review. So glad the special bread went down well!

Good reviews help us so much and make what we do very worthwhile.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

Hello,
my name is Réjane. I stayed at Sue and Winston for just one single night.
But it was absolutely fantastic. My boyfriend who has been staying there fro quite a long time already told me about this great place, but I never expected such an amazing atmosphere.
Everything was clean, the room was really pretty and Sue and Sin are such great hosts. Thank you very much for being welcomed that way. I really recommend every guest to have dinner and breakfast at yours, since, they have been delicious!!
Thanks for everything!
Réjane

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
WinstonandSue, Owner at Jessamine Cottage Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Hi Réjane,

Thank you so much for your review. We are so pleased you appreciated your stay here and glad you liked our dinners and breakfast! A convivial meal is a great way to round off a visit and we all enjoyed your company.

Sue and Winston
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

This is the second time I have stayed at Jessamine Cottage in recent years, and once again I was not disappointed. I travel all over the country with my business and this has to be not only the best B & B in Swindon but up there with the best B & B's I have stayed in across the country.
Very conveniently located, with both Old Town and Swindon Centre within easy walking distance whether you are going shopping, here on business or visiting the many delicious eateries in the area. The rooms are spotlessly clean, the beds are simply amazing, and the en-suite facilities are superb. Sue and Winston are the perfect hosts, nothing is too much trouble for them, and they make you feel very welcome. The breakfasts are out of this world and the choices on offer from the menu are second to none! I cannot recommend this B & B enough for anyone looking for top quality accommodation in Swindon. They deserve five stars for their all round excellence! Thank you Sue and Winston again for a wonderful two weeks and I look forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: Every room is superb!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
WinstonandSue, Owner at Jessamine Cottage Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
Dear Haddock,

So many thanks for your super review. We are so pleased you enjoyed your latest stay with us as much as we enjoyed having you. Glad the memory foam mattress hit the spot for you.

Kindest regards

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

my name is Matthias and I am an german apprentice. During my long term accomodation, I've stayed at the Jessamine Cottage for quite a long time. Sue and Winston (the owner of the cottage) are very pleasant people. They made me feel welcome from the first second on. Here are some impressions, i've collected all over the 3 months:
- Really beautiful house with some great ambience
- Nice rooms with well composed interior
- The most comfortable bed, I've ever slept in!!!
- Everything (!!!) was clean and tided up every single day
- Sue and Win are the most courteous people, I've ever met

All in all I had a great stay there, which I did not expect before I went abroad. Sue and Win made me feel like a family member, not "just" a guest. I'm really looking forward to go there again next year.

So if you are planning to visit Oxford, Bath or even London, you should definitely consider to stay at the Jessamine Cottage.

Thank you very much for everything!!!
Matthias S.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
WinstonandSue, Owner at Jessamine Cottage Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Hi Matthias.

Thank you so much for your write up. It means so much to us to have guests to leave messages on Tripadvisor for us.
Really glad to hear you will be returning to see us again next year.
Kindest regards