“Charming B&B with gracious hospitality”

Jessamine Cottage Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #10 of 44 Swindon B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 November 2010

The owners of Jessamine Cottage make you feel welcome the moment you arrive. There's tea, coffee, hot chocolate, fresh milk and biscuits in the room, and the most sumptuous breakfast! I stayed in the Queen's Park Room, which has a lovely view of Queen's Park and a sizable private bathroom. Good restaurants in Old Town are within walking distance, as is the Wood Street nightlife. Another advantage is that the Avebury Stone Circles -- a must-see -- are only about 15 minutes away.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank BostonFlamingo
WinstonandSue, Owner at Jessamine Cottage Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2011

Hi Boston Flamingo,
We are really glad you enjoyed your stay at Jessamine Cottage and thank you for your kind comments about us.
We hope you swing by Swindon and stay with us again as it was a pleasure having you here.
Winston & Sue

Reviewed 2 November 2010

Sue and Winston are very freindly but not overly so. They have fantastic local knowledge and they run a tight ship, everything is clean tidy and very presentable.
The breakfast gets 10 out of10, and ticks all the boxes. They are located near to some fine eateries in the old town of Swindon-ask Winston, he'll point you in the right direction.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank Greenmancarpentryco
Reviewed 13 October 2010

I chose Swindon as my base for my visit to attend the Ryder Cup and found Jessamine.
immaculate ensuite bedroom with modern fixtures. Many extras including international power adaptor for computer and a drop of at the train were much appreciated. Very helpful with recommendations for pubs for meals and for a great local wine shop. Wonderful hosts made me feel most welcome and the cooked to order breakfasts got my trip to the UK off to super start. Many thanks. I will be back.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank macguygw
Reviewed 13 July 2010

Hi, This is Sudhakar from India and i visited Swindon last month i.e 20th June for 2 weeks for a business trip. My Manager had arranged Jessamine B&B and thats is one of the best thing he had done for me. Wow this place is awesome, i never thought that staying away from home can still give you a wonderful feeling of being at home.

This B&B is run by Winston and Sue, the perfect copuple for this perfect place. The service i got was more than the value for the money, i mean they are not running this place for money alone, they also do it with so much of passion.

It was a lifetime experience, i have been to so many hotels but still none could match the service and cleanliness compared to Jessamine. Usually in hotels service is something that u get on demand but here at jessamine service is available even before u need it.

The rooms are amazing with a cozy bed, LCD TV, CD player, Refrigerator, chocolates, sewing kit, 24x7 wifi internet. The cleanliness and the way rooms are maintained is excellent, a definite 5 star for it.

It is a few yards away from the victoria park ,its such a beautiful park to be and very close to most of the restuarants. One should definitly try Cosmos, wow an excellent restaurant. Thanks to Winston and Sue for taking me there.

Winston is a techie person, he always has a solution to all your problems and they need not be technical problems always and Sue a perfect home keeper, one should definitley taste her typical English breakfast. Oh! i miss them a lot now, they were delicious still can feel the taste of scrambled eggs, hashbrowns and those home made bread toasts..

I experienced so much of love and caring from the couples, they are so much fun to chat with, so friendly and winston is always bubbling with a great sense of humour. They treated me as their own son. I really miss Jessamine a lot now and keep sharing my wonderful experience with my family back in India now.

Most importantly, i have a very good respect and love for the english people which is because of this most beautiful and loving couple Winston and Sue.

I strongly recommend Jessamine B&B as the most perfect and best place to stay in Swindon and am sure anyone who stays will share the same opinion as i do.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank SudhakarChennai
Reviewed 7 July 2010

This is the best B&B that I have stayed in about 5 or6 of them that I have tried. It is owned by a beautiful couple named Winston and Sue and they are simply too good. They go out of their way to make sue you feel at home. Rooms are very clean and the B&B is maintained very well. The wi-fi connectivity is very good. My colleague was even offered a laptop to work as his laptop had conked off. I would recommend anybody looking for a B&B in Swindon to first try Jessamine cottage to check out availability. You should consider yourself lucky to get an accommodation here. Cheers guys and happy travelling!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank Raju2010Mumbai
Reviewed 17 June 2010

All mod cons in a lovely renovated house that has kept its character.
Excellent breakfast of locally resourced products and home-made bread!
Pleasant company and interesting conversation.
What more do you want?

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank CorreaRivero
Reviewed 8 June 2010

I was made to feel welcome from the moment I arrived. Having never spent a night in a bed and breakfast I cannot compare it to others, however, compared to hotel chains such as the Marriott and Hilton it was far more welcoming and homely and the breakfast was amazing. The room I stayed in was an en-suite single and was very comfortable with an excellent mattress and decent shower/toilet. The owners seemed like very nice people and if I'd stayed for more than one night I'm sure I would have got to know them better. Definitely recommend this B&B and would choose it over the Marriott in Swindon again for sure!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business