“much better than expected”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 31 March 2014

prompt service. attentive staff. duck was lovely. no problems with anything at all. it was a bit cold in there. the loo's aren't too smart. you can park round the back, we didn;t have time for the "all you can eat" menu but will come back and try it.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

This was a pleasant night out with friends, easy parking at rear of building, Served at the bar straight away, when all our friends had arrived we were shown to Our table.
We chose the All you can eat Buffet, as long as you eat each dish you can order as many as you like, from starters to intermediate to main to desert the food was well presented and quality and hot.
No rush to move you on and the hosts were very attentive.
Waiters were very good and there was no waiting time.
From the outside the building looks run down but the food is gorgeous.
Would recommend.

1  Thank Michael N
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Myself and two friends went on Friday 31st Jan. I had booked our table the week before. I took the opportunity to tell the owner, whilst making my booking, that we had been there during Dec and the service had been very poor. As we had always enjoyed a number of very pleasant evenings, with good service, here over the years, we thought it was just a glitche. The owner was apologetic but said that they were very busy before Christmas. I pointed out that our table was for 6pm and that they were not busy. She said they had a lot of takeaways to do. She assured me that this would not happen again and even made a note on the booking to say give this table fast service.
With that in mind I was hopeful that my recommendation would go down well with my friends.
It was not to be!
It took quite a while to be seated. Our drinks came in good time. Our order was taken and a heated tray was placed on our table soon after. The. We waited! And waited! The owner was serving the table next to us and asked me were we waiting for our mains. I said we haven't even had our starters yet! Eventually they came, along with the apologies. We then waited for our mains. And waited and waited! After asking the whereabouts of the food we were told that they had actually lost our order so we had to order again!
All we had were apologies, no offer of discount or a free meal which would have been good customer service.
I will not be eating there again, and will no longer recommend it to friends which is a shame. I do not know why the decline but will be calling the restaurant tomorrow to see if they can shed any light on the reason.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

As you enter the back of this restaurant from the car park, it looks and smells a bit like a school or a hospital. Ignore that and you'll be very pleasantly surprised. The food was excellent & so was the service. Possibly the slowest service I've ever had in a Chinese restaurant but I mean that as a compliment! They timed it just right with bringing out more food & never rushed us. There was plenty of choice for everyone. At £12.50 for the all you can eat early bird special, this is a real bargain. Definitely going back.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

Have been going here for years, the food is excellent , I have never been able to find fault , it is always freshly cooked and hot, service is fine, they are friendly and although they can be a little slow you never really notice as you are too busy eating - the smoked chicken is to die for, cant understand the bad reviews - never had a problem - its also nice that the staff remember you - going there again this weekend - cant wait