Review Highlights
Unexpected

Meeting up with daughter and her son, but we live two and a half hours away, and we're looking for... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
Steve522014
Llantilio Crossenny, United Kingdom
via mobile
Day out

Lovely day out with beautiful scenery. The play areas fun for all ages and good coffee from the cafe

Reviewed 3 days ago
shellywalkerscates
Swindon, United Kingdom
via mobile

1,005 results
All reviews walled garden lydiard house stately home lovely grounds coach house beautiful house bbq area st mary's church lots of space dog owners open space lovely place sunny day all ages run around fresh air play area
Reviewed 12 January 2019

We'd had lunch in the Lydiard Beefeater just round the corner and wanted to stretch our legs and walk off our lunch before our 3 hour car journey home.
There is ample parking and a very nice, well maintained children play area. The walks around the grounds are just stunning even on a cloudy winters day.
After reading other reviews, I'd love to visit during the summer months and get a different perspective.

Reviewed 11 January 2019

I visit the park daily to walk my dog and I consider myself very lucky to have such a beautiful spot on my doorstep. The walks over the whole park are brilliant and the paths are perfect for keeping less muddy but we prefer the fields which are great for ball throwing and running (the dog not me!). The tea room is handy and I have been to several activities offered at the Stable room which were lovely and good value too. The house is worth a visit, I especially enjoy it at Christmas time. The rangers also put on some lovely activities and are all very pleasant and knowledgeable. Perfect.

Date of experience: January 2019
Reviewed 6 January 2019 via mobile

Love the walks around the park and lake. Unfortunately the house was closed so we couldn't go in. Nice little tea room but have to say that, for me, it was spoilt by the disgusting state of the toilets. The floor was filthy with toilet paper all over the floor and one of the toilets was blocked. As for the smell ... don't know who is responsible for their upkeep but come on, gives a really bad impression of cleanliness for the park.

Date of experience: January 2019
Reviewed 29 December 2018 via mobile

The park is huge and really lovely for walk. Very interesting house with nice collections and with friendly staff. They do park runs on Sunday mornings in this stunning park. There is a 300 years old walnut tree near by the lake also interesting. Car park should be cheaper or free in my opinion.

Reviewed 15 December 2018

We booked Lydiard House for their tour and afternoon tea. The tour was extremely interesting and our guide Jackie very informative. The previous owners were mostly reprobates who married rich women but you need to go yourself to find out. The afternoon tea was excellent - plenty of everything.

1  Thank Barbara R