“My favourite curry house”
Review of The Burj

The Burj
Ranked #37 of 463 Restaurants in Swindon
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: This is a high-end contemporary Indian restaurant, newly opened so I think their url isn't working yet. Their phone number is 01793 791888.
Reviewed 8 June 2014

My partner and I go to the Burj very often. We have been going since it opened and have never had any complaints. We love their food and the staff are extremely welcoming. It is different to other curry houses because their menu is more adventurous and the atmosphere is more laid back and cosy. The restaurant has a side room where they can host large groups separately to other diners so it's perfect for a birthday party or a business meal too.

Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Although the staff were slightly flustered and took ages to take our order it was more out of over-trying with other customers than not being attentive. The food was delicious and featured unusual dishes not normally found in your average curry house. It is slightly on the expensive side for a curry but definitely worth it.

1  Thank nicBreal
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I had heard rumours that the food here was good but that the service was very slow and not great.

This was not however, my experience and it is for this it is getting 5 stars. Not my best Indian ever as I have had better in other parts of the world but for the Swindon area its the "dogs".

From the moment we entered there was a wonderful greeting from very friendly staff and it just got better with some extremely tasty food that was a step up from the usual Swindon Indian Fair.

My recommendations - The Chili Chicken - superb - medium spice and very different from any Chilli Chicken I have had before. If you want spicy my partner had the Chettinand (not sure of that spelling) Chicken - she loved it - both had mushroom rice to go with it - again superb.

As we had starters as well portions were a nit large but that meant a doggy bag which was consumed for 11's on Saturday morning.

Give it a try - hopefully you will enjoy as much as me!

Thanks Staff at the Burj (not forgetting the Chef) - great feed

1  Thank ChuggsSwindon
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Just had my daughters birthday meal in the Burj restaurant, from the moment we entered the place we were welcomed by warm friendly staff, sat down and the waiter recommended a dish for me which was probably one of the nicest curries ive ever had.. even the children enjoyed the food and my eldest whose birthday it was got a surprise when a couple of the staff brought her out some ice cream with a candle and wished her a happy birthday (we had not asked for this) all in all great food, great atmosphere and amazing service, will come back again definetely

Reviewed 10 May 2014

On driving past a number of times we have always said we would stop and we did "wish we'd done it sooner"
A very friendly welcome awaited us followed by first class food and service all at reasonable prices. A varied menu which caters for all tastes with a great variety of veggie options .Such a nice variant to the run of the mill menu with a Persian influence on Indian cuisine. Popadoms ,pickles,2 starters ,2mains 2 sides ,naan bread a bottle of good wine 1 beer and a soft drink all for £73.00 really good portions to much of all . We were even asked if we wanted to take any of it home with us. Very relaxing evening had.Cant wait to go back .No doubt we will become regulars.

1  Thank Lisa H