“Average”

Ranked #37 of 44 Swindon B&B and Inns
Scunthorpe
“Average”
Reviewed 4 May 2013 via mobile

Stayed here 2 night's whilst attending a funeral room very small but clean and bed was comfortable Owners were polite and helpful and breakfast was good. Would not want to stay longer given the size of the room but was value for money and suited us for the occasion

• Stayed April 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Leyburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 September 2012

I pressed intercom buzzer to ask for code for wirelss internet, thought I heard "I'm just finishing my tea and I will be down shortly". After half an hour, I went to go towards the intercom again (due to half hour wait and possibility I had misheard), at which point the male co-owner appeared with an indignant "I hope you weren't going to press the buzzer again. I said I would be coming down and my wife is in the bath". It was delivered in a manner which would be suitable if I had been caught trashing or setting fire to the joint. I'm then presented with a disclaimer form to use the internet, which requires me to write out my address again (even though I had provided it an hour earlier). Suggest he finds another career.

In addition, the sound proofing between rooms is very poor. I could clearly hear someone snoring in the adjoining room. The rooms are small - instead of cramming 14 rooms into the building, 10 would probably have been more suitable.

Room Tip: Suggets you don't stay there
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank Martin W

Travellers are raving about these Swindon hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2012

Good Stuff:- You can pay by card, there's ample parking, it is really close to the ring road and the breakfast is filling.
Bad Stuff:- by the time the landlord stopped wittering on, we'd missed dinner in the pub opposite, the postcode provided if used on TOMTOM will take you to somewhere miles away. The car park is cramped and the shower is the least powerful thing I've ever got damp under..

To cap it all, some unknown and massive bird sat in the fir tree and had repeat dysentry on my car roof, bonnet, door and wing (had to scrape it off with a credit card).. then I got a puncture from a bit of discarded electrical back box that was sitting in the car park. (73 quid for a new tyre on my HIRE CAR - Grrr..) In summary, £42 for a night is not dear but it's not cheap either, so I had the expectation that I would find shampoo and soap in my room (wrong) and that I may be able to swing a cat in it (wrong again). I would not return other than to identify a body - and even then, I bet his whinging moaning mouth would still be moving.. ("I could change the web site, to warn about the satNav thing - but that would cost money..").

Room Tip: Go somewhere else..
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank Timothy G
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Small claustrophobic room, bathroom from the 80's although clean, owners obviously in wrong profession, wifes language was obscene.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank jackie c
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 January 2012

very good, friendly staff great breakfast good sized room with freeview tv and tea and coffee making facilities very clean rooms lots of places nearby to eat and very close to honda where i was working would definately stay there again

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Louise M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Swindon
The Crown Inn
#10 of 44 in Swindon
Heart in Hand
Heart in Hand
#14 of 44 in Swindon

Been to Fir Tree Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!