“Absolutley fantastic” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Swindon
Louth, United Kingdom
“Absolutley fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2012

We was given the oppurtunity to go back an stay at the holiday inn swindon west due to myself having a problem the first time we went. This stay was absolutley amazing from checking in to the service we received. All my needs were taken into account which i was very happy about and put my mind at ease. I would like to say a massive thank you to Lauren and Danny for arranging everything and also a big thanks to Becky and Leigh, the service we received was second to none and nothing was a problem. We will be definatley be coming back to stay at the hotel and i am looking forward to booking it. Once again thank you so much to all staff involved. =)

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Emma D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Greek first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2012

We were staying one night to break up our journey. Very comfortable and practical for this purpose.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Cricklade, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

I recently relocated my weekly Business Networking Group to The Holiday Inn Express Swindon. We get around 20 people attending each week for a range of business networking meetings, events and presentations. I am delighted with the venue - it is ideal for business meetings, the meeting rooms themselves are very well equipped and all the staff from the General Manger to the people managing the breakfast areas are always welcoming and helpful. I have had nothing but positive comments from the group members since we moved to this venue.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Swindon West M4, Jct 16, responded to this review, 28 June 2012
Dear Steve,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of our Hotel, I am delighted that you feel you have made the right decision moving your weekly meeting to ourselves.

I have passed your kind comments to the whole Team and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Thanks Again

Danny
east sussex
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2012

stayed here for 5 nights whilst on a training course,, the room was clean and well looked after by the domestic team. The facilities were all that was needed while on business.

I was stayin B&B and evening dinner, this is where the holiday inn completely failed, breakfast was ok but powdered scrambled egg, sausage and beans became dull over 5 days. Poor coffee from a machine and cheap orange juice and a selection of bread and pastries.

The evening service was a complete failure, so much so it became a joke amongest my collegues. Sometimes 2 hours to recieve food that was inedible. One night I waited 1 hour 10 mins to be told they had sold out of what I had ordered then waited anothe 40 mins for a poorly presented pie that I could not eat much of. Next night I got in early only to have my food delivered quickly but at the cost of being stone cold. I have never experienced so many poor quality meals served so consistantly.

I felt sorry for the front of house staff as they knew there were serious problems with the kitchen and were embarassed by the situation. The senior management need to take a long hard look at what they are trying to achieve and how they can support their front line staff. All the food on the menu is simple basic cook chill, pre prepared so should not be difficult to get right.

I would not stay here again and as a result unlikely to use the training centre I was at again.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We appreciate all feedback as we feel it can only improve our service and the way in which we work.

It was very pleasing to read your comments regarding your bedroom and I will surely pass on your positive words to our Housekeeping team.

With regards to your evening meals throughout the week, I hope that you can accept my sincerest apologies that both the food and the service were not to your satisfaction. As you were aware, we were extremely busy during the week of your stay and experienced and an overwhelming amount of food orders in the kitchen at any one time. Unfortunately this meant a huge backlog of orders resulting in extra pressure being put upon all members of the team. I fully understand that this is no excuse for what you experienced.

I do hope that this experience will not deter you from staying with us again as I know that we are a strong hotel that can deliver a high level of service. We would very much like the opportunity to show you that this is the case.

If you wish to discuss any of these matters further, please do not hesitate to contact me
stenhousemuir29
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2012

I arrived with two colleagues on monday 18th of june at the Holliday inn express swindon, our stay was for four nights dinner bed and breakfast. The hotel was immaculately presented and the staff we met were both professional and helpful.The catering however was the polar opposite,a disaster.The first night most of the food choices we made were unavailable,the food we got took an age to arrived and was awful.Tuesday night we all asked for steak, "only one steak left tonight" was the reply. We drew straws, i got the last steak."How would you like your steak cooked sir?" "could i have it rare please with some chips" i replied.Buoyed by my victory i took my seat and awaited the arrival of this prime cut of beef. When after much waiting the said cut arrived the poor thing had been cooked to within an inch of its life,my chips had turned into potatoes and some mysterious geen things, which i presume were peas, were rolling around the plate. I complained to someone at reception and was offered a replacement."But this was the last one" i said. "No sir we have another, honest" The replacement arrived and was also inedible. I wont go into the details of my friends food,it would take to long. Wednesday i thought i would play it safe and i had the four mushroom stoganoff. The rice tasted of curry,but on the up side there were (4)- mushrooms. Thursday the chef stepped up to the plate and i had a lovely roast chicken dinner with roast potatoes,i even risked a pudding, which was also lovely. I would recomend the hotel but they have to get the food situation sorted out. PS. the bar ran out of lager on Thursday night.

Dear Guest

As a hotel, we pride ourselves on delivering the highest standards of service and this can only be done through our guest feedback so we very much welcome your review and comments.

I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding the presentation of the hotel and its employees. I will be sure to pass your comments onto the relevant people.

With regards to your evening meals throughout your stay, I apologise that your standards were not met this time. We were uncharacteristically busy during the week of your stay an unfortunately this meant that we were unable to carry out the usual consistent, high standards of food. I would like to reassure you that we do take all feedback seriously and are aware that certain areas need and will be addressed.

I do hope that your stay with us will not be your last as I know that I can speak for the whole team when I say that we would very much like to welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Express Swindon West in the future, in order to demonstrate our normal high standards of service.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2012

Stayed here for 4 days from night one is was a joke and just got worse as the week went on. Management don't care and treat you like an inconvenience. Never again hopefully. Don't ruin your holiday or business trip. Quick enough to take the money but quick enough at the service side

• Stayed June 2012
Dear Guest

Please accept my sincerest apologies that you feel your expectations were not met on this occasion. I would like to reassure you that all of our guests are recognised, welcomed and appreciated and are definitely not considered an inconvenience. I am concerned that you feel this way and would very much like to have the opportunity to change your mind.

I do hope that you will reconsider and choose to stay at the Holiday Inn Express Swindon West again and allow my team and I to prove how valued our guests really are.

If you wish to discuss any of your point is more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me at any time.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2012

My company regulary book me into said hotel. usually service is average. on this stay it was absolutly a joke. 2 and a half hours for a meal. 50 minutes between courses. do not stay here!

• Stayed June 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, all feedback from our guests is very much appreciated.

As a regular guest, you will be aware that we have consistently high standards throughout the hotel. During your most recent stay with us, we were extremely busy and unfortunately this meant that we were unable to demonstrate this at the time of your evening meal. I sincerely apologise for this and would like to reassure you that as a guest who stays with us on a regular basis that you are very much valued and I would like to be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future to prove this.

If you wish to discuss anything further, please do not hesitate to contact me