“very good for overnighter”

Holiday Inn Express Swindon West M4, Jct 16
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Swindon
Reviewed 7 January 2013

we have stayed here overnight a couple of times now whilst visiting family in Swindon and it suits us well. Rooms are fine with usual facilities and breakfast is good. Parking is free and hotel still new enough to look really smart. We have been able to book at a great price (£43 last time) and you will be hard pushed to get such a good deal in Swindon. Yes it's on a business park near the motorway but sound insulation is adequate and if all you need is an overnighter in Swindon then this is great value

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper then obviously request a room that doesn't face the motorway!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
SwindonWestManager, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Swindon West M4, Jct 16, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for such a positive review.
I am extremely pleased that everything was to your satisfaction and that you enjoyed your stay. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the rest of the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the future

Reviewed 1 January 2013

This was a works Christmas party organised by one of my colleagues and he also booked the room as we weren't local. The hotel was very easy to find not far off the M4 Junction 16 and in a quiet spot with plenty of parking spaces. The reception was quiet and greeted with a smile.
The room was as expected and nice and quiet too. it had all the basics you would expect. TV, coffee.tea making facilities, etc. The only issue we did have was the temperature was erratic and didn't realise the control system.
The breakfast was again a quiet affair but probably due to the time of year ( a few days before Christmas). it was all pleasant with a full hot/cold choice and a swift service.
As an added bonus the staff Christmas party was absolutely amazing with a fantastic meal and very helpful staff throughout the evening. the drinks prices were more than normal but about right for hotels. the layout was brilliant and everyone thoroughly enjoyed the evening with staff leaving us to make the most out of the evening. Thank you!

Dear Guest

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for writing such a positive review.
I am extremely glad to hear that things were all to your satisfaction, however I do apologise that the comfort cooling system in the room was not working correctly, this has been passed on to my maintenace technician.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your Christmas party, and that your stay with us contributed to the whole experience.

I do hope we can welcome you back to the hotel again in the future.

Reviewed 29 December 2012

Christmas this year was a large family affair so we needed to book a hotel. I must admit I had my doubts about staying in a impersonal and formulaic estabablishment but things have obviously moved on a lick since my last experience of this type of accomodation. The staff were very friendly, the room clean and well appointed and the bed surprisingly comfortable considering some of the concrete slabs we've had to endure in other high profile establishments. The complimentary breakfast was another surprise considering it was supposed to be a continental buffet; the variety of food on offer was outstanding, consequently I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel and look forward to my next stay.

Room Tip: Plenty of parking available.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
SwindonWestManager, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Swindon West M4, Jct 16, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to right such a positive review.
I am so glad that we were able to go above and beyond your expectations and I will be sure to pass on your great comments to the rest of the team.

We look forward to seeing you again very soon

Reviewed 6 December 2012

My husband and I stayed here for one night which was a horrible experience.
To begin with the receptionist was very abrupt and dismissive.
The kingsize bed had a single size sheet on the mattress which was not big enough to be tucked in. Before I discovered the sheet was too small I had had a shower and washed my hair so I wanted to ring reception to sort it out but there was no info in the room on how to contact them. As I was not going to get dressed to go downstairs I had to strip bed and rearrange the bedding and just put up with it.
Breakfast was no better. The crockery was not clean as it had dried food inside the cereal bowls etc. Also it was a very basic buffet menu.
As we paid £85.00 for the room we felt ripped off.
The night before we had stayed in a Best Western Moat House which was £20 cheaper and was excellent.
We wont be using Holiday Inn again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
SwindonWestManager, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Swindon West M4, Jct 16, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2012

Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for brining these issues to my attention. I sincerely apologise that our standard of service was not to your satisfaction and I would very much appreciate the chance to discuss these matters with you further and would be grateful if you would be able to contact me at the hotel to do so.

I look forward to hearing from you

Reviewed 30 November 2012

Stayed for 1 night handy for the M4. Own restaurant which served excellent soup but the fish and chips made cardboard seem appetising.The breakfast was average at best canteen style service.
The hotel was clean and had a good nights sleep despite being next to the M4. Ideal for business travellers but suggest you try the specials on the dinner menu.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
SwindonWestManager, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Swindon West M4, Jct 16, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2012

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We welcome all feedback as we believe this is key in being able to deliver a consistantly high level of customer service.
I am pleased to hear that our hotel met your needs and that you found it an ideal location.
I do apologise that the quality of our food was not to your satisfaction. I would however like to assure you that our menu is being reviewed and we are looking to launch a new one in January 2013.
I do hope that you will choose to visit us again in the future and that our new style menu will impress you.

Reviewed 27 November 2012

Stayed here for 1 night recently, hotel convenient for M4 and trip to Swindon Outlet Village. Room was good and exactly as I expected from the brand, staff were nice, I was impressed that because we had pre-paid our receipt was printed off and given to us at check in along with information about some of the local attractions. As the hotel is right beside the M4 I was worried that we were going to be disturbed by traffic noise, but you wouldn't have known a busy motorway was outside your window as it was so quiet. Only gripe I would have is at breakfast, layout of cutlery and crockery was poor so you had to ask people who were queing for hot food to move so you could get cutlery and crockery. Some crockery was dirty and some cutlery could have done with a polish as it was sat in tray with drip marks on it. There was a coach group in when we stayed and it would have been good if the hotel had warned other residents what time the tour was down for breakfast so they could have avoided them to ease the waiting time.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for choosing to review our hotel. I am extremely pleased to hear that our rooms, service and location were all to your satisfaction.
With regards to your breakfast experience, I sincerely apologise that it was not as you would have liked. We are constantly working on ways to ensure the breakfast service runs as smoothly as possible, with high standards of service and facilities, with as little inconvenience to all of our guests as possible.
I do hope that we can welcome you back in the near future to demonstrate how much of a focus these standards are to us.

Reviewed 22 November 2012

Great location, right next to j16 this HI express has its own restaurant serving a selection of bar meals and a bar for drinks. Rooms are spacious with all the usual Holiday inn features and noise from the motorway is not so noticeable. Would stay again, ideal for business stays.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for such a positive review! I am so glad to hear that we were able to meet your needs and you enjoyed your stay with us.

On behalf of the team and myself, we hope to see you again soon