“ideal location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Swindon
wolverhampton
“ideal location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

stayed here 3 nights because of the location to both bath and Oxford two beautiful cities.Easy to find just off J16 M4.Check in was friendly and quick.room was a little smaller than we are used to but it was enough we only used it for sleep.Breakfast was good in the well lit room ,scrambled egg sausage and beans and all the usual cereals and toasts fruit and juices.very good value.The last night was a bit of pain.fire alarm went off 3 times.but at least it worked.All staff were friendly Ther is a gregs ,small supermarket coffee shop and subway across the road..

Room Tip: we stayed in an upper room to avoid the scaping of chairs from above.Only marked the sleep quality d...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
SwindonWestManager, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Swindon West M4, Jct 16, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that everything was to your satisfaction. Your comments regarding our complimentary breakfast and the friendliness of the staff are very much appreciated and I will be sure to pass your kind words on to the rest of the team.

I do hope we can welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Express Swindon West again in the near future.

Deputy General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Greek first
United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2013

Just spent 5 nights in the holiday Inn (Swindon West) although the hotel is clean and tidy it is not really geared up for more than one or two nights, It is fine for short stays only. The breakfast was very basic (especially after a couple of nights) it became boring but ok if your not staying too long, The evening meals were ok !
The rooms were comfortable enough with a great shower
All the staff were friendly including the manager who was "front line"
The Bar was (London prices) but there was no were else to go as the hotel is in an industrial area, ideal for the M4 and Swindon
Overall the hotel is what it is, a business travelling hotel
Would i stay again ? Yes but for short trips only

Room Tip: Dont stay too long if you get bored easy
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank MrCot
SwindonWestManager, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Swindon West M4, Jct 16, responded to this review, 20 May 2013
Dear Guest

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for posting a review of the hotel.

I very much understand your views and comments with regards to length of stay and I appreciate you feeding it back to us. I am however glad to hear that everything you did experience was to your satisfaction, especially the staff and the bedrooms. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the rest of the team.

I do hope that your business will bring you back to Swindon again, maybe for a slightly shorter stay this time, and that you will choose to stay at the Holiday Inn Express Swindon West

Delabole, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013

Before I write this review, readers should know a couple of things about me. Firstly, I am a self confessed car nut. On this occasion I was attending a big car show in one of my own cars the next day at nearby Castle Combe. Before I book any hotel, I need to always check with the hotel that their carpark doesn't have any nasty speed bumps. My car doesn't get over speedbumps....Secondly, I NEVER (I mean, NEVER) sleep a full night in any hotel on the first night.

Anyway, I booked this hotel online having confirmed with a very helpful receptionist on the phone that there indeed was no speed bumps. Upon arrival, the hotel was VERY easily found, literally a stones throw from the M4.

The car parking was excellent...plenty of it and nice wide gaps. The receptionists were superb. The 2 girls obviously had an interest in the big car event the next day and were very chatty, but all the time professional, with all the visitors as they arrived (there were about 20 car loads of enthusiasts that night at the hotel).

Breakfast is normally 6.30am+ but most of us needed to leave by 6am. The hotel very kindly arranged a special one-off breakfast for all the drivers from 5.30am. I really would like to congratulate the management on having staff who were not only capable, but also willing to do this. It was very well respected by all the drivers.

The rooms were really clean. Spotless actually. They were relatively basic, but very clean and modern. The choice of pillows was a good idea. Whats more, I slept like a log. No road noise from the M4 at all. Beds very comfy. Adjustable aircon got me the perfect room temperature.

Downstairs there was a small bar (reasonable priced drinks) that also served a snack menu (again reasonably priced and not bad). I also noticed the hotel was displaying the top grade sticker for food hygiene on it's front door. This doesn't suprise me as it ran efficiently and there was no mess or clutter anywhere.

All in all, a VERY good stay and worth every penny of my £61 (booked at last minute). Staff should be commended by management for their accomodating attitudes, including the two lads who worked the graveyard shift serving early breakfasts but whom actually seemed pleased to be doing so.

Room Tip: Not sure how any would be better or worse than the next.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Hogtronix
SwindonWestManager, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Swindon West M4, Jct 16, responded to this review, 15 May 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a fantastic review!!

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the team met your needs and were accommodating.

I will be sure to pass on your kind words to everybody here and the staff mentioned will be recognised for their hard work and effort.

I do hope that we can welome you back to the Holiday Inn Express Swindon West again in the future.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night - friendly receptionist, comfortable double room with a sofa bed as well, good breakfast, free wi-fi, all for £31 (booked and prepaid online). If you want somewhere to stay in the Swindon area, I think you're unlikely to find better than this - so close to the M4, but no traffic noise and excellent value for money. Will definitely stay here again.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
SwindonWestManager, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Swindon West M4, Jct 16, responded to this review, 7 May 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for such a positive review!

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you would happily recommend the hotel to others.

It is geat to hear that you also made use of our free WIFI. As a new introduction to the hotel, it is fantastic to have such positive feedback on it.

I will definitley be sharing your kind words with the rest of the team and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Express Swindon West again in the future.

Kind regards

Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2013

Absolute bargain at £44 for double room inc breakfast.
Service spot on, staff very efficient, polite and friendly.
Room clean, tidy and sufficient. Breakfast more than adequate.
Perfect place for a stop over, can't fault it.

Room Tip: Room 43, perfect, silent nights sleep!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write such a postive review!

I am so glad to hear that everything was to your satisfaction and that you enjoyed your stay. I will be sure to share your fantastic comments with the rest of the team.

Swansea, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2013

I stay at many Holiday Inn Expresses and always get a great night's sleep. This one, however, had a really soft mattress and it was impossible for us not to both roll into the middle. I gave up after about an hour when my back started to hurt. I pulled out the sofabed and had a comfortable night's sleep on that.

Unfortunately, there was a quilt but no sheets, so i slept on a towel. That created its own problem next morning when we discovered we only had one set of towels. So, we elected to share a slept-on bath towel rather than someone have to get dressed and go down to reception to get a 2nd towel.

The evening before we arrived we had 2 latte coffees, 1 Crunchie and one very small (approx 200-300 ml) bottle of water that came to over £8. The coffees came from a machine and were not THAT good.

Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
SwindonWestManager, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Swindon West M4, Jct 16, responded to this review, 3 May 2013
Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for bringing these matters to my attention.

I do hope that following our conversation over the past couple of days has gone some way towards restoring you faith and loyalty in the Holiday Inn Express Brand.

I hope that this experience will not deter you from staying with us again in the future and we can look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Express Swindon West very soon

Soest Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2013

A lovely friendly hotel with extremely professional, attentive and enthusiastic staff. Very clean and comfortable. Great access to M4. Breakfast was great and plenty of it. We travelled with our German friends one of whom needed a lot of help with her IPAD - nothing too much trouble for the staff regardless of the fact it was a non English speaker - fantastic. We all thoroughly enjoyed the experience and would definately stay again whilst recommending to family and friends alike - Thank you Swindon

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SwindonWestManager, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Swindon West M4, Jct 16, responded to this review, 1 May 2013
Dear Marilyn

Thank you so much for posting such a fantastic review!

I am so glad to hear that everything was to your satisfaction and that the team were more than happy to help you.

I hope you and your friends thoroughly enjoyed your trip around the country and it would be lovely to see you all again soon.

Many thanks