“Great value for money”

Holiday Inn Express Swindon West M4, Jct 16
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Swindon
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I was visiting friends nearby and booked to stay the night. I chose this hotel as it had free parking and was easy to find, just off the M4. Check-in and other staff were very friendly. The room was very spacious (I booked a family room online) and appeared to be newly decorated. There was a decent TV and the free WiFi was an added bonus. A good nights sleep was ensured with a choice of soft or firm pillows. Plenty of clean towels were available. To top it off, a reasonable cooked breakfast was included in the price in a nicely equipped eating area. The only disapointment was that a busy member of staff entered the room around 9am wanting to clean it, even though checkout was at 12. She did apologise for this though.

I would stay here again if I was in the area. It was excellent value for money.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
SwindonWestManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Swindon West M4, Jct 16, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Thank you for your comments about our hotel.
We have spoken to our housekeeping colleagues to ensure that they properly knock and wait for a response before entering the rooms as well as servicing the vacant rooms first.

Thanks again.

Andy
Andy Gelleburn

Reviewed 3 July 2013

I stayed here the past couple of nights. I decided to try the Holiday Inn Express in Swindon, due to a recent stay at one of it's sister hotels Hotel Indigo in London. I tend to take out loyalty cards with hotel groups and was a little surprised that it wasn't mentioned at this hotel; usually at check in they acknowledge this.

Anyway I have to stay away from home a lot for business and usually stay in a Premier Inn. I checked out the rates and got a really good rate including free wifi and breakfast (both usually cost extra), so decided to swap my allegiances. I wasn't expecting the Ritz as the Holiday Inn Express brand tend to compete with the Premier Inn type of hotel. I think it is important to set your expectations according to the price you are paying and knowledge about the level of hotel you are booking.

The room was basic, but functional. The decor was a bit dated and the sofa (I presume a sofa bed) was not great (a bit too squishy), but served it's purpose if you only want to sit and watch television for a short while. There is a desk and chair in the room which I used to study comfortably enough.

A double room, really is a double, an old fashioned double bed rather than a queen or king size bed, so I was glad it was only me, or it would have been a tight squeeze. That aside, the bed was lovely and comfortable with nice crisp bed linen and duvet and a choice of pillows. My main annoyance was the extremely noisy air-conditioning/heating unit right next to the bed that kept whirring away, in the end I turned it off as it was giving me a headache, but at least you have the option, some hotels of this level don't have anything and it can get quite uncomfortable when the weather turns warmer (i know a rarity in this country!)

The bathroom, is actually a shower room. No problem for me as I prefer a shower. The shower cubicle was of a good size; I'm not a small/petite lady and felt I had plenty of room. Again the decor is dated, but at the price they are charging this really was a non issue. The bedroom and shower room where both spotless. The tea and coffee making facilities are basic but functional and I was pleased to see decaff coffee available, even if it was only one sachet per day.

All in all I was happy with my stay, it was good value for money and although not quite as spacious or up-to-date on it's decor compared favourably with the Premier Inn accross the road, which is a little more expensive.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Swindon West M4, Jct 16, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

Dear RedSaphire,

Thank you for your candid feedback. I appreciate you taking the time to tell us both the positives and the negatives you experienced during your visit. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note of your valuable comments and we will use these to monitor and improve the quality of product we offer to our guests.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 29 June 2013

We only stayed here for 1 night but were well impressed with the hotel. Got here late but no trouble with car parking. and modern Room was good, clean and modern. Staff were all excellent. The only down side, as is the same with most HI Expresses is the ridiculous bread and toaster. Presume this is just basic brown bread, fairly thinly sliced...put in the toaster once and it is hardly what you call toast...second time it burns! How many other readers have experienced this at HI Express hotels?! Give us some decent bread, preferably wholemeal, and test out a piece yourselves on the toaster before the guests come down for breakfast please. But, still like hotel and would definitely go back there.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 7Marpa_12
SwindonWestManager, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Swindon West M4, Jct 16, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review and for sharing your experiences.

I am so glad to hear that you were impressed with the hotel, I will be sure to pass on your positive comments to the rest of the team.

With regards to breakfast, I sincerely apologise that this was not to your satisfaction. I would however like to inform you that we are currently doing some research into new equipment and products to improve our breakfast service and quality. Some Holiday Inn Express' are currently running trials with the new equipment and once we have had the feedback and collated the results, the appropriate changes will be made.

I do hope that this experience will not deter you from staying with us again in the future and I hope we can look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Express Swindon West soon.

Kin Regards

Deputy General Manage

Reviewed 27 June 2013

My family came to England for holiday. We made a hotel reservation through the internet hotel agency, but the internet hotel agency made a terribly big mistake. Holiday Inn Express Swindon didn't get any information about my reservation from the internet hotel agency. So my family could not stay in Holiday Inn Express because every room was booked. My family holiday was going to be spoilt. My family were so upset and stood there in perplexity.

But, the staffs in reception desk, in particular Leigh Andrews showed our family perfect kindness. He made a lot of call to other hotels in Swindon and Oxford. But they were also full. But he didn't give up. He called each guest on the subscription list to confirm. We knew that one of guest to come wanted to cancel. So fortunately we could stay.

We, my family, couldn’t spend one of most comfortable nights in England if Leigh Andrews had not helped us. Staffs in Holiday were very hospitable and willing to help. We really appreciate the staffs.

Moreover, breakfast in buffet style was wonderful. Juice, coffee, cereal, egg and bean, everything was very delicious. And room was very clean and comfortable. Very clean value for money, I have no any hesitate to thumb up.

Room Tip: every rooms is very comfortable !!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jonathant_tae

Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel.

I would like to apologise for any confusion or miscommunication that may have occured with your reservation however it is fantastic to hear that Leigh dealt with the matter in a swift and proffessional manner.

Here at the Holiday Inn Express Swindon West, we very much pride ourselves on delivering high and consistant standards of customer service so reading your response is brilliant. I am so glad that you and your family were able to enjoy your holiday.

I do hope that we can welcome you all back in the future.

Reviewed 25 June 2013

This hotel is convenient as its on the M4 (almost). The reception staff were all polite and the room clean.

The Bed was hard as rock and the shower toilet small, the room did have tea/coffe and Sat TV.

The breakfast although in on the price was terrible .... Cheap Beans, horrible egg and really school dinner type sausages.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Swindon West M4, Jct 16, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

Dear shamus67,

Thank you for providing us with a very considerate review and thank you for staying with us. It is nice to know that you noticed the cleanliness of the room. I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectation specifically with the breakfast selections and with the inconvenience you experienced over the bed. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 23 June 2013

Very clean really comfortable beds. Good value for Money, bright modern hotel. Ideal for working and leisure breaks. Friendly staff, modern communal areas, breakfast was adequate and buffet style, we stayed for two nights and would visit again.

• Stayed: June 2013
SwindonWestManager, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Swindon West M4, Jct 16, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2013

Dear Guest

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for posting such a fantastic review!

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that everything was to your satisfaction. I will be sure to share your kind words with the rest of the team.

I hope we can look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Express Swindon West again in the future.

Reviewed 23 June 2013

Everything you want from an express hotel The friendly staff were extremely efficient and the whole hotel was very clean. The rooms were comfortable with an excellent en suite. The hotel provided free wi-fi. The all included express self service breakfast was plentiful ranging from juice, toast and cereal to sausage egg and beans. Ideal location for travellers being right on the M4 but with no motorway traffic noise. Well done Holiday Inn! The only improvement would be to open the restaurant in the evenings on Fri/Sat/Sun as it is not only business customers that need feeding!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for posting such a positive review.

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the rest of the team.

With regards to the restaurant, we have only ever been open Monday -Thursday. We very much appreciate all feedback regarding our services and this is definitely something which we will take on board.

I do hope we can welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Express Swindon West again in the future.