“Birthday Weekend”

Holiday Inn Express Swindon West M4, Jct 16
Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Swindon
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We have stayed here many times whilst visiting friends in the area and have never been disappointed. We stayed for 2 nights as it was my birthday and wanted a short break. The staff as always were efficient and friendly and had a quick check in and as always the room was spotlessly clean and comfortable. We got a good rate for the 2 nights which made it even more appealing and cant fault it for value. The breakfast was good and plentiful and more than adequate for our needs. We look forward to returning here in the future and can recommend it if you want somewhere clean and comfortable near to the motorway to stay. Thank you to the staff.

Room Tip: We have stayed in several rooms and even the rooms on the motorway side are quiet due to the glazed...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jeanHykeham_lincoln
SwindonWestManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Swindon West M4, Jct 16, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Thank you for your review.
It is always nice to get positive reviews from our regular guests and I am pleased to hear that we delivered another great stay for you.
The team here work really hard to ensure that every guest gets a great experience and we hope to see you in the near future.
Happy Birthday to you too!

Thanks again

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Stayed overnight for weekend break Staff very welcoming and helpful. Free parking very close to entrance . Everything you need in budget hotel., Room clean and comfortable, stayed on ground floor next to motorway but no noise . Would definitely use again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Good Morning.
Thank you for taking the time to place a review of our hotel.
I am pleased you had a great stay and we hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

We stayed on a 1 night whilst travelling to Wales we arrived about 9.30 we were greeted by a friendly chap who booked us in with little fuss and gave us directions and advise on where we could get something to eat. Room was clean tidy and well maintained, parking was included in the room rate which was very good we booked an offer price on line of £40 for the room including breakfast for both of us. Breakfast was fresh and tasty with a good choice for this rate.
Staff in the morning were equally helpful. This Hotel is a great location right beside the M4. This is very good if you can get the offer rates.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Good Morning and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
I am pleased you found us to be friendly, helpful and great value.
All over the Christmas period we will be selling rooms from £39 (check the website for the best offers), so if you are back in the Swindon area or just passing through please think of us.

Thanks again

Reviewed 3 November 2013

To the manager / Stella
The white girl at the reception was unhelpful with no smile on her face I stayed on the 1st and 2nd November 2013 with my partner and 2 kids The 1st was booked on line . We liked the room and everything so went to stay again on 2nd but the girl on duty said she will do the room ready . We said ok will be back in 20 min . We go to our room in 30 minutes and the bD not done . We phone her and she says she is busy . We have paid not to get rude reply. Pls see to this . She comes with the sheets in 10 minutes and doesn't do the bed for the kids . And plus side there is no cover for their duvet .
Can't go back to Swindon holiday inn express. I could have asked my money back and walked a out with my family . But I paid with my card and was late too.
Need a smile and should be helpfull , charged me £66.50 for that night . Pls talk to the girl who was on duty yesterday after 7.pm 2/11/2013
Regards
Fi C

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Fiona G
SwindonWestManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Swindon West M4, Jct 16, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Good Morning,
I am sorry to hear of the experience you had at our hotel and I can assure you that we take all complaints and feedback very seriously.
I have sent you a message directly for you to discuss the matter with me and I hope we can get this situation resolved.
Following your comments, I have reviewed the training of the front desk team and this should help to ensure we deliver the level of service expected.
Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

This was a nice comfortable & clean hotel. The staff were very welcoming & friendly. The included breakfast, in the morning, was extremely good, consisting of both hot & cold buffet. I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
SwindonWestManager, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Swindon West M4, Jct 16, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Thank you very much for the feed back you have given about our hotel.
Its always a pleasure to receive positive comments, however I have noticed that the value score you have given is a little lower than the other scores.
If you wish to contact me directly to discuss this then please feel free to do so
thanks again

Leigh Andrews
Guest Service Manager

Reviewed 28 October 2013

We stayed at the Holiday inn express at Swindon with a Newmarket trip to Colours of the cotswolds .
I must say having read reviews about Newmarket trips I was a little sceptical but I was pleasantly suprised - the whole weekend was lovely . The hotel is very modern has all the facilities of a good hotel i e large screen tv nice bathroom with toiletries and plenty of towels tea and coffee making facilities . Everything was very clean and well kept . The staff were very pleasant and happy to help .The only thing I think it could improve on is the food our evening meals ( included in our holiday price ) was just below average - only two choices on our first night non of which suited my husband . The trip itself was excellent and very well organised and ran to clockwork thanks to Hayley our tour manager and Paul our coach driver . I can highly recommend The Colours of the Cotswold trip it was one of the most interesting short trips I have been on .

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
SwindonWestManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Swindon West M4, Jct 16, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Good Afternoon and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
We are pleased that you found the accommodation to your liking and I have passed your comments onto the team and onto the tour company.
The set menu offered to you was arranged in advance with the tour group, but if you have any particular requirements please let either them or us know directly and we will be happy to offer you an alternative.

Thanks again for visiting us and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Stayed for one night with my husband and daughter, I could not fault it, the staff are wonderful.

You just need more tables for breakfast if there are coach parties staying, had some old ladies from a coach party trying to sit at our table before we had even had the chance to stand up.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
SwindonWestManager, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Swindon West M4, Jct 16, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
I am pleased to hear that you had an excellent stay with us. Your comments about breakfast have been noted and we will be reviewing how we seat coach parties at breakfast time to ensure that there is plenty of space for all our guests to enjoy their free breakfast.

Thank you again for your comments, we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Laura Carr