“Excellent Value for Money...”

Holiday Inn Express Swindon West M4, Jct 16
Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Swindon
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I have stayed at Holiday Inn Express overseas but this was a first time in UK...

A very good experience, excellent Value for Money and though it was a one night stay it was clear to see that this is a well-oiled machine.

The rooms were very clean, the TV had numerous freeview channels (putting to shame hotels costing 3-4 times the 55GBP/night that I paid), the bed comfortable and the "power" shower so good I didn't want to step out.

Also the parking is free and there is plenty of it.

The free buffet breakfast was adequate and fresh.

All in all an excellent stay at a great hotel with excellent staff.

It isn't the Savoy/Dorchester but neither are the prices - and some people giving less than 5/5 need to consider this.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
SwindonWestManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Swindon West M4, Jct 16, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Good Morning and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
I am pleased that you found the facilities good value and our team friendly.

Thanks again for the comments and we hope to see you soon.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Swindon West M4, Jct 16

Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

Normally I'd not write up on HI Express and you generally are guaranteed a familiar (and decent) experience.
I will this time as the staff were very friendly here and having spent 3x as much money for a night in the rather shabby Crowne Plaza at LHR the previous night...I thought I'd rate the hotel.
A good nights sleep and very friendly staff. Thank you

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
SwindonWestManager, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Swindon West M4, Jct 16, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and giving such positive feedback.
It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the rest of the team.

I do hope we can welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Express Swindon West again soon.

Many thanks

Lauren

Lauren McGinn
Deputy General Manager

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Stayed at this hotel for 4 nights when attending a course at the National Self Build and Renovation Centre. I have never stayed in a Holiday Inn Express before and was very surprised by the high standards and professionalism of the staff. The room was clean, no smells. Fresh towels provided each day. It was serviced everyday by the time I returned each day.

Agree with other comments that the room was cold on arrival but heating system was responsive and room warmed up well.

Hotel was surprisingly busy but was quiet at night and I was not disturbed. Only downside was arriving one evening seeking a meal and found them to be sold out of most of their very short menu. Had to go out to find something else to eat.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank WatfordTraveller
SwindonWestManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Swindon West M4, Jct 16, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Good Morning and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
I am happy that your stay was a pleasant surprise and we work hard to ensure all our rooms are well maintained and the team are friendly and welcoming.
The shortages on the menu have been addressed and I hope to welcome you back to us in the future.

Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

I have been stating Hereford a couple of months ( working locally ) I stay in hotels more than 100 nights a year and can honestly say this is one of the more friendly hotels . Staff are always willing to help and go the extra distance to make sure the stay us good. I have stayed at the Hilton across the road and rooms much the same but twice the price and nowhere near as friendly.
Nice hotel and 1st choice when I'm in the area - value for money,clean,comfortable and convenient and very friend.

Well done all.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
SwindonWestManager, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Swindon West M4, Jct 16, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Thank you so much for such fantastic feedback!
It is great to here that enjoy staying with us and that you find us superior to other local hotels.
I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the rest of the team and we look forward to seeing you again soon

Many thanks

Lauren

Lauren McGinn
Deputy General Manager

Reviewed 19 January 2014

The room was clean and well equipped- included tea tray and hairdryer. The room was cold on arrival but soon warmed up when we turned the heating on. The only downside was that the heater/air con blew directly on the bed. Nice widescreen tv and free wifi. The bar was a bit pricey- £5.40 for a baileys and £4 for a bottle of corona. We ate an evening meal at the Lydiard beefeater over the road (recommended). The breakfast was fine as it was free but the scrambled eggs had been sitting there for a while and the bananas had all blackened. However there was enough (toast, yoghurts, pastries ,cereals etc) for a light breakfast.
I would stay here again as the hotel was good value, the staff were friendly and the rooms were clean

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
SwindonWestManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Swindon West M4, Jct 16, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Good Morning and thank you for your review.
I am pleased you had a pleasant stay with us and I have taken your comments onboard in relation to the bar and breakfast.
Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

I arrived in the early hours and was disappointed that the hotel could not provide any hot food at this time even though it says its available any time the staff said they had run out of food even in January
The room was clean spacious and a typical holiday inn
The lounge area was better than some standard holiday inns very welcoming
Breakfast was before 9 am fri this was bit early as in many others its until 9 30
Checkout was good the first thing asked was how was your stay and when I informed them about no food I assume it was a manager that was on the desk as he was honest and said that staff last night would be spoken to as they had plenty of food and they were just being lazy
At least he was honest and would deal with it and as a result of that I would definitely stay again as it is one of the better holiday inns I have stayed in

• Stayed: January 2014
SwindonWestManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Swindon West M4, Jct 16, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2014

Good morning and thank you for your review.
I am sorry that you had a poor experience on your recent visit and I can assure you I have spoken to the team about what food options they can offer in the early hours of the morning.
It was myself you spoke to on check-out and although I said I could not understand why the night team had not offered more than they did and I would investigate the situation, I would never describe my team as lazy.
Thanks again for your feedback and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

A large group of us travelled down to a 2 day swimming meet at the Link Centre and stayed here on the Saturday night. The hotel was clean, no noise during the night, beds were comfy, breakfast was more than adequate with a good selection and the hotel staff very kindly tumble dried all of our wet kit. We will definitely be staying again.

• Stayed: January 2014
SwindonWestManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Swindon West M4, Jct 16, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Good Afternoon and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
I hope you had a pleasant weekend at the swimming and our hotel offered all you needed for the stay?
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.