“Fantastic meals”

Ranked #69 of 442 Restaurants in Swindon
Price range: US$6 - US$38
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Situated in Old Town, the heart of Swindon's lively night life, Il Capricorno is the perfect location for dining whatever your requirements; a quiet meal for two; a family occasion; a corporate event; or any celebration, we can guarantee that you will have a pleasurable dining experience. Il Capricorno specialises in fresh fish dishes, the majority of which can be found on our specials board along with a range of seasonal dishes, both savoury and sweet. We also pride ourselves on our ability to cater for allergy sufferers as we can alter most of our dishes to suit you. We are one of the largest Italian restaurants in Swindon and have plenty of space for large parties. Parties can choose from our normal menu or we can create a set menu to suit you. We can also cater for private parties, family functions and weddings.
Wiltshire
“Fantastic meals”
Reviewed 6 September 2012

Booked a table for six and were warmly welcomed. Drinks came quickly and the waitress was very understanding about the length of time we took to choose as we were so engrossed in our conversation etc. Specials were excellent - free starters or bottle of wine - we ordered some olives as well and five different main courses which were excellent, plentiful and beautifully presented.
Nice selection of deserts and nothing was too much trouble. Price very reasonable and will definitely continue to rate this as my favourite Italian restaurant when in Swindon.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank Wiltshire-feet

swindon
“didn't cope”
Reviewed 8 August 2012

I am not in the habit of writing negative reviews but I will share my experience here. I was part of a large pre-booked party of 17 (all close family). We were made to wait a little too long to be seated, then there was a further long wait for drinks orders followed by a similar long wait for food orders.All of these were dealt with by the same waitress with no apologies about timing. Finally when the mains arrived they were only 2 at a time and slowly. Then the usual confusion started about the accompanying veg! Between 17 people only 2 bowls of mixed veg and 2 bowls of potatoes arrived and by now most of the early arriving meals were cold but there were not enough veg/potatoes to go around. We then asked for more but we were told they could be up to to 20 mins which obviously unacceptable. Another 2 small bowls of potatoes arrived but as people cut into them they were mostly black inside. We then requested to see the manager but chef came out instead and the only positive thing he came up with was that it was safe to eat black potatoes which he proved by eating one in front of us. It turned out that there was another large party on another table who were seated just prior to our arrival and our consensus of opinion was they couldn't cope with 2 large parties in the same sitting. I won't go into the way the evening was settled but I can say for sure it was an unsatisfactory outcome for both the restaurant and the diners

• Visited September 2011
2 Thank dowsdadam
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Cardboard food”
Reviewed 4 August 2012

Went on a Saturday night, and the restaurant was very busy, we were seated quickly, the waitress had trouble understanding us as she was Italian and her English was poor, other then this the staff were friendly and helpful. For a starter I had a garlic bread which was a piece of toast with some oil on it I could not taste any garlic, I then had a lasagne and although I cant be sure it appeared to me to be a standard square meal out of a packet with some tomato sauce poured over the top, and looks were not deceiving as it tasted like a microwave meal, and on closer inspection there was no way it was cooked fresh in the kitchen, the person next to be had a pasta dish and the pasta look dry and they said it was not very nice, I passed on dessert.

The meal cost about about 20 pounds including a few drinks which would of been good value had it not been a frozen microwave meal.

• Visited July 2012
Swindon, United Kingdom
“lovelly”
Reviewed 10 July 2012

lovelly atmosphear and beautiful food if i had to pic a fault it would be there not being any basic meals on the menu everything is trying very hard (and suceeding) just the menu seems a little daunting :)

Visited June 2012
Swindon
“A pleasant surprise.......”
Reviewed 22 June 2012

To be honest we were not expecting much as we had heard some not so good reports from this restaurant, but the friend we were dining with had never been and wanted to give it a try. We did however go with an open mind and was very pleasantly surprised with the service and the quality of the food. There were some people behind us that were waiting for ages for there starter and were clearly not happy, but I can only say how lovely our meal was. I would return to this place without hesitation.

• Visited June 2012