“Never again!”

Ranked #62 of 448 Restaurants in Swindon
Price range: US$7 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Situated in Old Town, the heart of Swindon's lively night life, Il Capricorno is the perfect location for dining whatever your requirements; a quiet meal for two; a family occasion; a corporate event; or any celebration, we can guarantee that you will have a pleasurable dining experience. Il Capricorno specialises in fresh fish dishes, the majority of which can be found on our specials board along with a range of seasonal dishes, both savoury and sweet. We also pride ourselves on our ability to cater for allergy sufferers as we can alter most of our dishes to suit you. We are one of the largest Italian restaurants in Swindon and have plenty of space for large parties. Parties can choose from our normal menu or we can create a set menu to suit you. We can also cater for private parties, family functions and weddings.
Reviewed 14 December 2013

If you have a desire to waste precious hours of your life, then this is the place that will guarantee to do it - a paintful death!!!

Appalling service and disinterested staff! Simple requests for bread and a carafe of wine seemed to be beyond their capability - Sticking pins in the eyes would have been more pleasant and less painful than ordering and waiting, and waiting and waiting for our starters - the main course was a long wait away!!!

No idea who was serving us - three different staff came to the table but not delivered on what was ordered. Never again!!!

Reviewed 14 December 2013

My husband and I visit here frequently. Not sure why the comments about poor service, we always find the waitresses/waiters very friendly and the service is good. Now we don't generally have pasta or pizza so I can't speak for those but the specials are always great, that's we we go back. Its our Italian restaurant of choice in Old Town,we've tried the others and been disappointed. It's great value for money and the wine is extremely reasonable.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

We've spent a lovely evening at Il Capricorno this evening for my brother's birthday. There were six of all and we all had different starters and main courses from each other, three of us had dessert, and three of us coffees.

We all agreed all the food was lovely, and the proof was in the fact that we all had clean plates (except my daughter's who brought some of her pizza home!)

The staff were also friendly and pleasant. We like to eat out regularly and will definitely be returning back to Il Capricorno.

PS Can't understand the really negative comments on here.

Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

We had my hen do here. The food and service was superb and very one enjoyed themselves. The location is great for going on afterwards and everyone's food was piping hot and delivered at the same time. We will be returning again soon.

Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

I'm at present eating an Italian meal. Pork tenderloin which I must say I absolutely beautiful, soft, tender and tasty. The only issue is that it is NOT at il capricornio however it reminded of my visit there last year when I ordered the same, the only difference was it was tough and in edible
My complaint to the owner/chef/builder was taken as an insult and after arguing I refused to pay for that particular part of the meal.
The owner is very friendly and approachable as long as you compliment him but dare to do otherwise and that's it, you're dead!!!
I would never ever visit this restaurant again even if it was the last place on earth.

I have however found a wonderful Italian restaurant in swindon that you must visit
La carbonara, it's at the bottom of Victoria road in Westcott place.

By all means make your own decision but the real proof is found by trying the food.