“Excellent birthday meal for my brother”

Il Capricorno Ristorante
Ranked #64 of 449 Restaurants in Swindon
Price range: US$6 - US$39
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Situated in Old Town, the heart of Swindon's lively night life, Il Capricorno is the perfect location for dining whatever your requirements; a quiet meal for two; a family occasion; a corporate event; or any celebration, we can guarantee that you will have a pleasurable dining experience. Il Capricorno specialises in fresh fish dishes, the majority of which can be found on our specials board along with a range of seasonal dishes, both savoury and sweet. We also pride ourselves on our ability to cater for allergy sufferers as we can alter most of our dishes to suit you. We are one of the largest Italian restaurants in Swindon and have plenty of space for large parties. Parties can choose from our normal menu or we can create a set menu to suit you. We can also cater for private parties, family functions and weddings.
Wiltshire
“Excellent birthday meal for my brother”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

As someone who travels a lot and eats in many restaurants I am so disappointed to read the recent negative reports on Il Capricorno and can only say that I eat there at least once a week and always take visitors and family for celebrations. Never have I been disappointed in the food or the service. So I can only agree with the lady from Wroughton who also rates this restaurant highly. The Italian food is great and is also excellent value for money. Last night, the goats cheese was amazing; the special lamb so beautifully tender and the chicken and sauces brilliant. I have friends now who when they come ask to be taken so they can order the seafood linguine. I am delighted to hear that they are extending their opening hours to cater for customers all day especially for their excellent coffee and home-made cakes.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank Wiltshire-feet

Swindon, United Kingdom
“what a shame this restaurant serves dog food”
Reviewed 22 December 2013

went to il capricorno with my family cant tell you how disgusting food was
the service was bad the waiter was sweaty and smelly breath .cheap offers they have are all made by cheap ingredients thats why food was bland and tasteless.if this is italian restaurant it must be not an italian chef if he is he must go and have a proper lesson of cooking italian cuisine
we will never go again to this restaurant cause is not a nice place to go when there is much better restaurant near by
watch out

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank ClaireDean2012
“Very Average”
Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

Visited here recently for our Christmas work party and having read trip advisor reviews feared the worst. It wasn't as bad as expected but still can't recommend it over the other Italian's in Old Town.

The fungi fritti starter was ok but at 2 and a half mushrooms seemed very miserly. The main of the chicken was ok but very sweet sauce. Worst of all was the profiteroles which I think everyone that ordered them took one bite and left.

Overall a very average meal when there is much better around.

Wiltshire
“Never again!”
Reviewed 14 December 2013

If you have a desire to waste precious hours of your life, then this is the place that will guarantee to do it - a paintful death!!!

Appalling service and disinterested staff! Simple requests for bread and a carafe of wine seemed to be beyond their capability - Sticking pins in the eyes would have been more pleasant and less painful than ordering and waiting, and waiting and waiting for our starters - the main course was a long wait away!!!

No idea who was serving us - three different staff came to the table but not delivered on what was ordered. Never again!!!

• Visited December 2013
Wroughton, United Kingdom
“Has something happen recently?”
Reviewed 14 December 2013

My husband and I visit here frequently. Not sure why the comments about poor service, we always find the waitresses/waiters very friendly and the service is good. Now we don't generally have pasta or pizza so I can't speak for those but the specials are always great, that's we we go back. Its our Italian restaurant of choice in Old Town,we've tried the others and been disappointed. It's great value for money and the wine is extremely reasonable.

• Visited November 2013