“Just OK”

Ranked #68 of 459 Restaurants in Swindon
Price range: US$3 - US$32
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Situated in Old Town, the heart of Swindon's lively night life, Il Capricorno is the perfect location for dining whatever your requirements; a quiet meal for two; a family occasion; a corporate event; or any celebration, we can guarantee that you will have a pleasurable dining experience. Il Capricorno specialises in fresh fish dishes, the majority of which can be found on our specials board along with a range of seasonal dishes, both savoury and sweet. We also pride ourselves on our ability to cater for allergy sufferers as we can alter most of our dishes to suit you. We are one of the largest Italian restaurants in Swindon and have plenty of space for large parties. Parties can choose from our normal menu or we can create a set menu to suit you. We can also cater for private parties, family functions and weddings.
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I travel a lot and most of the time I ask to my colleagues to bring me for dinner in a good Italian restaurant that's why I came to il Capricorno. We had different kind of food and everybody was ok whit their meal, the service was ok just wait a little bit but acceptable

2  Thank Dizzy D

Reviewed 31 March 2014

basically ignored by staff. tiny starters. large mains. australian house red", greasy food.. slow (or absent) service. not nice decor. had to go to the bar to ask for drinks and the main courses. things forgotten. used to come here years ago, it'll be a long wait again. not exactly cheap either. even the smallest little bit of friendliness would have made a difference.

6  Thank 363molina
Reviewed 28 March 2014

we have been coming to this restaurant for 16 years now and the food has remained consistently excellent. i love the authenticity and the family vibe this place has to offer and the decor always makes me feel as though i have walked into an eatery in Italy. this is my go to place whenever i am in the mood for simple, tasty, no fuss Italian food!!

1  Thank 786MST786
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I don't want to be mean because I had an enjoyable evening here. The services was pretty good, with a bit of a wait and wave required to refill empty wine glasses. The food was pretty mediocre, my Veal was tough and not very flavourful... and the pasta and pizzas were pretty average.

Decent house wine though and no rushing out of the door, for the price I think it's pretty decent for the start of a night out :)

Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Went for meal with a friend who recommended this as the best Italian in Swindon. Went on Thursday night and booked a table although needn't have bothered as very few people in there. I had fillet steak and was really disappointed by quality of steak and the sauce. Definitely overpriced. Shared a cheesecake for dessert but only ate half between us as it wasn't very good. The restaurant isn't very cosy - one large room - so I can imagine it's probably a completely different experience when it's full. The toilets are like school toilets. And the positives? Reasonably priced wine selection and a complimentary chocolate liquor