I felt the need to review this hotel after a wonderful weekend! Only came home yesterday.
I went as part of a hen weekend, 8 of us staying in total. From the moment we arrived,nothing was too much and the reception staff were very friendly and helpful. Our rooms were gorgeous, spotless and with quality modern furnishings. The entire hotel has had a makeover, stunning fabrics, velvet sofa's, wonderful lobby... even a starbucks as you enter!
We were even given a glass of pimms as we walked to our room! Our package cost £59.00 pp for one nights bed and breakfast, including a 25 min treatment in the fantastic Healthworks spa, a 3 course meal in the Italian restaurant, a chilled bottle of sparkling wine in each room, and a glass of wine with the meal. Of course, we had full use of the spa- pool, steam room, sauna, gym and classes from 10:30 on the day of arrival to 6 pm the following day... all this for £59.00 was incredible.
The treatment rooms were gorgeous and the staff were wonderful. My friends and I had a massage, some pedicures, facials etc... our one treatment was included in the price.
The pool was lovely and calming, and we enjoyed the jacuzzi and steam rooms. There are even Tv's in the changing rooms!
I think the highlight of our trip was the fantastic meal in the new Italian restaurant. Having read a previous review calling the decor ' outrageous' I felt compelled to put this right!! It has a strong Italian theme, with quirky touches..but it is fun! It is rather like a theatre set in places but it all adds to a beautiful ambiance. Our table had a fantastic leather throne for the bride and was beneath a gorgeous chandelier, it was also in its own little room almost and felt almost like a private party.
The waiter could not do enough for us, was friendly and efficient and the food was beautiful. The set menu, included in our price had plenty of options and the food quality was second to none...and the puddings are enormous!
All in all, this hotel absolutely made our weekend and each one of us cannot wait to return in January for my birthday! Please give this place a try, for the price you pay it is fantastic!
A group of very happy ladies..ages 25-40 x
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Hotel Swindon is situated on Shaw Ridge Leisure Park and 3 miles from Swindon Town Centre. The Leisure Park has a bowling alley, multi screen cinema, restaurant, Pizza Hut and a public house. Within walking distance is an ice skating rink, a small shopping area with supermarket, post office, pharmacy, petrol station. Great Western Designer Outlet Village is within a 10 minute walk. Village Hotel Swindon has 147 bright and modern bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining or a traditional pub, Starbucks Coffee Shop, a relaxing Spa, state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, Swimming Pool, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free wi-fi throughout the hotel and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Village Hotel Swindon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Village Swindon Hotel Swindon
- Swindon De Vere Shaw Ridge
- Village Hotel Swindon Wiltshire