This Hotel is located a couple of miles outside Swindon just off the M4. It is surrounded by plenty of entertainment options such as Ten Pin and a muti screen Cinema. There is also a Pizza Hut and Fusion Restaurant if you do not want to eat in the Hotel. There is also an Asda and shopping centre just accross the road.
In the Hotel there are a couple of eating options. We ate in the Bucca de Beppe for the Sunday carvery. We have eaten there before on a normal night and found the food qualtiy to be higher then. The selection of starters and deserts for the Carvery set meal were very good as was the cheese board but the main meal carvery was not much to write home about. tired vegetables such as brown cabbage and sprouts are not ideal! The Roast potatoes were also not particularly nice.
we booked a family room as there are five of us in our party. If there are more than two adults in your party then you need to book direct with the Hotel as the online booking will not allow it. the room was absolutely huge with a kingsizes bed, two single beds pushed together and a double sofa bed. There was also a huge television and more space than you could imagine. the bathroom was new and clean and tidy.
We did use the leisure centre which has a lovely swimming pool which we were lucky enough to hav eto ourselves. check opening times for children though as I believe after 6pm is adults only.
All the staff were very helpful from reception to the waiting staff. We did have an issue when it came to paying the bll for our meal as it had been confirmed on booking that they were offering a family of four to eat for £25 but when I was given my bill it was far more than that and none of the staff apparently knew about the offer. As we were clelbrating an anniversary I did not want any more fuss but on returning home saw on the De Vere site that the offer for Sunday 18th december was still there. When I telephoned the Hotel to ask if I could have a refund I waited no less than three times for a call back from the supposed Marketing Manager keiran. I have still not spoken to the illusive kieran but have had my money refunded. This has taken the shine off what would have otherwise been a faultless stay.
Customer service was not good regarding the mistake on the Restaurant Manager's part for not informing his staff of the offer and was definately not good from the head of marketing!!
If you are expecting to take advantage of any offers that are advertised on their site - print it off on your computor. the hotel itself is very good and well worth a visit.
The staff are faultless in their
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Hotel Swindon is situated on Shaw Ridge Leisure Park and 3 miles from Swindon Town Centre. The Leisure Park has a bowling alley, multi screen cinema, restaurant, Pizza Hut and a public house. Within walking distance is an ice skating rink, a small shopping area with supermarket, post office, pharmacy, petrol station. Great Western Designer Outlet Village is within a 10 minute walk. Village Hotel Swindon has 147 bright and modern bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining or a traditional pub, Starbucks Coffee Shop, a relaxing Spa, state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, Swimming Pool, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free wi-fi throughout the hotel and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Village Hotel Swindon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Village Swindon Hotel Swindon
- Swindon De Vere Shaw Ridge
- Village Hotel Swindon Wiltshire