We booked to see the Queen tribute band (called Majesty), and as the tickets including dinner and disco were £28 each we decided to make a night of it and book the package deal to include bed and breakfast, £99. Booking in person was a hassle, we had to wait half an hour for someone experienced to take the booking. As my partner has mobility problems we asked for a room with disabled facilities, eg walk in shower. We were told the hotel has only two such rooms and they were booked out. She then added that the disabled friendly rooms don't have a walk in shower, just a vibrating pillow and wider doorframes. We asked for a room close to the lift , and that we got. A girl on reception carried my partner's bag and took us up to our room. It was very dark and took a while to work out how to make all the lights work. Even so you have to do your make up in the bathroom. The TV worked, there were no biscuits with the tea making facilities. As usual there is no socket near the mirror for the hairdryer, but luckily this had a long lead. The bed was comfortable but the room over warm and we couldn't turn down the heating, so we opened the window. The tribute night was fabulous, the group were super, the three course meal was excellent and there was a special deal on a bottle of very acceptable wine for £12.50. We slept well, the restaurant for breakfast (8-10 on a Saturday) was busy, the hot full English was nearly hot. Fruit, juices, pastries etc all very nice. all in all a very good deal, it could do with more disabled parking and more thought to grab rails in the bathroom. Even I who am not disabled had nothing to hold on to getting out of the bath/shower found it slightly scary. The toilet could do with a good clean/bleaching. There is an excellent gym here, though we didn't use it on this occasion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Hotel Swindon is situated on Shaw Ridge Leisure Park and 3 miles from Swindon Town Centre. The Leisure Park has a bowling alley, multi screen cinema, restaurant, Pizza Hut and a public house. Within walking distance is an ice skating rink, a small shopping area with supermarket, post office, pharmacy, petrol station. Great Western Designer Outlet Village is within a 10 minute walk. Village Hotel Swindon has 147 bright and modern bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining or a traditional pub, Starbucks Coffee Shop, a relaxing Spa, state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, Swimming Pool, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free wi-fi throughout the hotel and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Ebookers so you can book your Village Hotel Swindon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Village Swindon Hotel Swindon
- Swindon De Vere Shaw Ridge
- Village Hotel Swindon Wiltshire