We were attending the National Trust AGM in Swindon and wanted somewhere for an overnight stop. Being members of the Village Leisure Club in Bournemouth, and having stayed in a couple of other hotels in the group, we decided to give the Swindon hotel a try, and were not disappointed. It is an interesting, square design, built into the side of a slope up to some woodland and round a central garden area. From our welcome at Reception to the time we left nothing was too much trouble. We had booked an "Upper Deck" room, following some recent renovations, and it was well worth the small extra for a large room with comfortable seating, large screen TV and everything else you need in a hotel, and especially quiet at night. We sampled the swimming pool, which is slightly smaller than other Village hotels we have stayed in, but an interesting shape - like the rest of the hotel. We then went for dinner in the Italian restaurant and had an excellent meal, especially the Fritto Misto, which we shared as a starter. Breakfast the next day was the usual Continental and English buffet, but there was plenty of it and all fresh, enhanced by a comin chef. We shall certainly stay here again if in the area. Our only complaints were that having not packed toothpaste (an unusual ommission for us!) the reception could not supply us with any but referred us to a local ASDA store, there were also no instructions in the room for the complex air conditioning system, which we fortunately did not need!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Hotel Swindon is situated on Shaw Ridge Leisure Park and 3 miles from Swindon Town Centre. The Leisure Park has a bowling alley, multi screen cinema, restaurant, Pizza Hut and a public house. Within walking distance is an ice skating rink, a small shopping area with supermarket, post office, pharmacy, petrol station. Great Western Designer Outlet Village is within a 10 minute walk. Village Hotel Swindon has 147 bright and modern bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining or a traditional pub, Starbucks Coffee Shop, a relaxing Spa, state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, Swimming Pool, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free wi-fi throughout the hotel and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Village Hotel Swindon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Village Swindon Hotel Swindon
- Swindon De Vere Shaw Ridge
- Village Hotel Swindon Wiltshire