We had heard good things about this hotel and with the prices being so high we expected good things too but started off not so well, at reception on our pre booked arrival there were two members of reception staff dealing with one customer and they both continued to do this with us stood there until the woman being dealt with suggested they see to us first! No apology for the delay and we were booked in and told where our room is, on walking into the room the sofa bed wasn't made up for our son and when I walked back to reception to tell them all I got was 'oh okay I will get housekeeping to see to that' no apology but she did turn up quickly and made the bed. Our double bed was two singles put together and as my husband is rather a lot heavier than me the edge of his bed was sticking up in the middle so I couldn't even cuddle him! The rooms are dark they need better lighting and there was no information pack in our room about the cinema/bowling etc and even nothing explaining the TV channels etc.
There were many good things about it though, our room was quiet with no noise from other rooms, the pool was lovely ( though under 16 not allowed in jacuzzi and we have never encountered that before) other than the problem at reception the staff were all really polite nice and helpful, breakfast was very nice, parking was excellent, my son loved the long corridors, as its next to bowling alley, cinema and very close to an ice rink, Asda etc its great for things to do.
I just expected more with paying what we paid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Hotel Swindon is situated on Shaw Ridge Leisure Park and 3 miles from Swindon Town Centre. The Leisure Park has a bowling alley, multi screen cinema, restaurant, Pizza Hut and a public house. Within walking distance is an ice skating rink, a small shopping area with supermarket, post office, pharmacy, petrol station. Great Western Designer Outlet Village is within a 10 minute walk. Village Hotel Swindon has 147 bright and modern bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining or a traditional pub, Starbucks Coffee Shop, a relaxing Spa, state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, Swimming Pool, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free wi-fi throughout the hotel and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Village Hotel Swindon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Village Swindon Hotel Swindon
- Swindon De Vere Shaw Ridge
- Village Hotel Swindon Wiltshire