This is a truly dreadful hotel, the staff don't know what they are doing and have clearly not been trained in customer service. We went to the leisure club where the floors were filthy, slippery and extremely wet. There was no toilet roll in the cubicals and when we went in the family changing area there was no toilet so I had to take my child into the normal changing rooms anyway! Then we went to the restaurant where the disaster continued, we sat down and ordered, when a member of staff came up and told us we had to move as the table was reserved (there was no reserved sign on it and they had already allowed us to order food to the table). They sat us on an uncomfortable table with two smaller tables pushed together right by the bar as there were no decent tables left. Our main courses arrived ok, we waited a full 25 minutes for our plates to be collected by which time I lost my patience and cleared them away myself!!! No member of staff offered to help or said thank you. I asked if desserts were going to be much longer as we'd ordered these at the beginning and like I said it had been at least 25 minutes since eating our mains. She said they would bring them right out. Another 15 minutes past and I was fuming, I went to the bar and asked how much longer it would be. The disorganised chaos presented itself - they had no food order to our table, probably because we had been shoved off our table in the first place! They then had to ask what it was we were waiting on & it was still another 10 minutes before that came out. Total disaster from start to finish I would advise anyone not to ever go to a De Vere for the hotel, restaurant or leisure club, complete nightmare.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Hotel Swindon is situated on Shaw Ridge Leisure Park and 3 miles from Swindon Town Centre. The Leisure Park has a bowling alley, multi screen cinema, restaurant, Pizza Hut and a public house. Within walking distance is an ice skating rink, a small shopping area with supermarket, post office, pharmacy, petrol station. Great Western Designer Outlet Village is within a 10 minute walk. Village Hotel Swindon has 147 bright and modern bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining or a traditional pub, Starbucks Coffee Shop, a relaxing Spa, state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, Swimming Pool, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free wi-fi throughout the hotel and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Village Hotel Swindon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Village Swindon Hotel Swindon
- Swindon De Vere Shaw Ridge
- Village Hotel Swindon Wiltshire